GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just had 315s put on his 2000 GMC Sierra 4x4. Just needed a torsion bar crank. Actually looks really good. Making me think about not getting my six inch susp. lift and just putting the tires on. WHat do you guys think???? :head:

·
Registered
64 Posts
jbat897 said:
A friend of mine just had 315s put on his 2000 GMC Sierra 4x4. Just needed a torsion bar crank. Actually looks really good. Making me think about not getting my six inch susp. lift and just putting the tires on. WHat do you guys think???? :head:
IMO... you will rub horribly performing normal daily driving like speed bumps, turning, etc.

I have 315's with a 6" RCD and at full lock in hard reverse I rub on the inside of the fender well a bit. I can only imagine how bad it would be if I didn't have a lift.

·
Registered
330 Posts
jbat897 said:
Is he running the stock wheels?
I've seen this set up with stock wheels and it looks good but with a lift it should look better IMO; it looks like it doesn't rub just for street driving but I'm not sure about it.

If you plan to get aftermarket wheels you'll need the lift, anything wider than the stock wheels and it will rub like hell for sure with no lift installed.

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Ive seen TONS of people locally do it, and most swear up and down they either dont rub, or barely rub. I think it can be done on stock height and stock wheels w/ minimal rubbing if the truck stays on the street. I think it can be done on 3in body lift and 16x8s if the truck stays on the streets. BUT, if you ever take it off road, even lightly, it will rub badly. I had a Rancho lift and 35s on an 02, and it rubbed on the street lightly, but if id ever taken it off road, GAME OVER.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
my dad owns a obs light duty 3/4 ton with a 3 in body lift and 35 bfgAT and even he rubs slighty when turning and hitting a bump at the same time

·
Registered
832 Posts
do it. With stock rims you will tuck them. You might have slight rubbage but nothing to worry about. You will also have the same amnt of GC as a truck lifted 6 inches on 35s. I wish i had done this when i first got my truck :read:

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
i wouldnt do it :read:

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
:read:

sorry, i just wanted to throw in another read. :crazy:

Its not an issue of whether it can be done, just the amount of rubbing that will be present.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Really bad idea :imo In pismo i have rubbed 35s on 15x10's with 9.5 inches of lift and crushed the back corner of my fenders. 35's Do not tuck in the front fenders at all. I dont even think that would look cool to do to a stock truck :imo Atleast give it 6" of lift then throw 35's under there, depending on what kind of offroading you do i would even stick with a 35-36 " tire after a 3" body on top of that 6"susp...Thats if you only want to trim your airdam

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I wouldn't want to do it...i saw a caprice with tires and rims way to big for it...and it was rediculous how he had to drive, to make a turn at an intersection, he had to get halfway into the other lane then turn to not rub too bad...i think it would be about like that for 35s on no lift...BAD IDEA :imo

9,785 Posts
I had 35's on my truck stock with just a torsion bar crank and the only place that I rubbed was on the frame. I know it is hard to believe but it is the truth and I playing in the mud with it and such many times. It is all in the backspacing and width!

·
Registered
703 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts