GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 GMC 5.7 with a throttle body spider injectors originally I did a carb swap with a elderbrock manifold and a Harley Street warrior carburetor with the throttle position sensor it has reworked heads and my issue is overheating not real sure on the correct way to route my heater core hoses considering there is two inlets on the top of the water pump along with the original inlet of the bottom radiator hose now I have heating issues along with shifting issues I understand that I have to have a throttle position sensor not real sure's if I have to have a Cam shaft position sensor I've read about something with older pumps and newer pumps this is the original water pump off of the original motor which was with the vortec spider injectors any tips or any of you guys out there that no how bad my head is hurting from banging it against the wall over the past month of trying to figure out this **** please help me out thanks a lot

·
Some dude on the internet
914 Posts
Need TPS and tach signal for trans. Supposed to have one heater hose from intake to heater core inlet, one hose from heater core outlet to water pump. The other water pump port was a bypass to the original vortec intake. Do you have a pic of your setup?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts