GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a chevy 350 with edlebrock manifold and four barrel carb. What all needs to be done if it has been sitting for about 4 years without being cranked? A big list would help. I also need the drop down bearing and the clutch plate. What all would be involved in replacing that?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Id replace all the fluids (antifreeze, oil) and maybe throw on some new spark plugs and plug wires, new dist cap and rotor...prob wanna drop the gas tank and make sure its cleaned out really well along with the fuel lines...as for the other stuff, i have no idea...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Might wanna spray some wd40 or something down each cylinder, there may be some rust on the cylinder walls unless they fogged the motor before storing it. Carb may be full of varnish also from bad gas. If the motor is in a vehicle drain the gas and put in fresh. Other than that, see if she fires up, then go from there. Once running I'd probably do a tune up, but until you know it runs don't invest too much into it. I'd change oil and other fluids too, but I'd probably get it running first, that way any gunk should get filtered and drained when you change oil.

For the clutch, I think that you have to undo the bell housing and slide the tranny back to get access.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts