GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have 09 3500, I been having a problem with the front brakes engaging while driving without touching the brakes. The severity of how much pressure is applied varies. Today while stopped at a red light the front tires completely locked up to the point that I could not move the vehicle. Pumping the brake pedal while moving or stopping does nothing to correct the issue. I have already changed both front calipers, brakes, rotors, and flushed the system to no unveil. The reason I believe its some sort of sensor is I can hear a click with immediate release of the front brakes. I am not familiar with ABS or any other sensors that are in the braking system. Any help at this point would be great because I am totally lost now. :(:(

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hydro boost

·
Registered
407 Posts
Perhaps a wheel speed sensor is throwing it off. When the computer sees one sensor out of whack with the others, it’s common to apply braking, trying to correct the disparity. I’m not sure if yours has them, but I’d expect so. How are the wheel hubs..?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello. I have 09 3500. I been having a problem with the front brakes engaging while driving without touching the brakes. The severity of how much pressure is applied varies. Today while stopped at a red light the front tires completely locked up to the point that I could not move the vehicle. Pumping the brake pedal while moving or stopping does nothing to correct the issue. I have already changed both front calipers, brakes, rotors, and flushed the system to no unveil. The reason I believe its some sort of sensor is I can hear a click with immediate release of the front brakes. I am not familiar with ABS or any other sensors that are in the braking system. Any help at this point would be great because I am totally lost now.
sounds like you might want to check for a recall issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts