GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back a pic was posted of an rcsb nbs Z71 with a BL and a crank running 37s on stock wheels so what about on my ecsb Z71, if I were to throw so ford keys and gk bars on there with an AAL in the rear would they fit? I know Ill have to trim the valance and a bit on the inner fender. The wheels Im considering buying are 18x8s with 5.5" backspacing. If a certain wheel will allow me ot run them then Ill go with that size as long as it isnt going to look goofy. I was going to buy black4x4s lift but he doesnt like responding to PMs so Im going to go one with the process I dont want to wait and dont really want to drop the coin a full SL right now. I dont really want to run a BL but I also want 35s so make the truck look a bit beefier. My main concern is losing alot of turning radius due to rubbing. If its going to rub, how bad? Better yet has anyone tried this? I realize Im not going to be able to run a wide tire but I mainly want the height anyway. Im looking at the BGF m/t 35x12.5r18s.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
A while back a pic was posted of an rcsb nbs Z71 with a BL and a crank running 37s on stock wheels so what about on my ecsb Z71, if I were to throw so ford keys and gk bars on there with an AAL in the rear would they fit? I know Ill have to trim the valance and a bit on the inner fender. The wheels Im considering buying are 18x8s with 5.5" backspacing. If a certain wheel will allow me ot run them then Ill go with that size as long as it isnt going to look goofy. I was going to buy black4x4s lift but he doesnt like responding to PMs so Im going to go one with the process I dont want to wait and dont really want to drop the coin a full SL right now. I dont really want to run a BL but I also want 35s so make the truck look a bit beefier. My main concern is losing alot of turning radius due to rubbing. If its going to rub, how bad? Better yet has anyone tried this? I realize Im not going to be able to run a wide tire but I mainly want the height anyway. Im looking at the BGF m/t 35x12.5r18s.
I ran 35x14.50s on mine with just ford keys and blocks in the rear and some trimming. I was also running like a 4.5"backspacing. If you stuck with a 12.50 and the 5.5" backspacing rubbing would be minumum
100_0315.jpg
100_0318.jpg

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
I've seen a few stock z71's fully cranked running 315s with some trimming, sure it can be done, might ride a little rough if you can live with that. Have at it

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
35s can be fit but usually only on stock wheels unless ur willing to cut some metal on ur truck. on my 03 i had tb crank AAL on 305 bfgs on 8" wide wheels with 4.5" BS and had to some trimming, i figured the only way i could have fit 35s on my setup was if i added a BL.

also if u look on bfgs site there 37x12.5/17 are only considered 36s.

i think with that wheel u will need a minimal of a 2" BL and a crank to clear 35s on a 8" wide wheel with 5.5" BS

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
You will rub the frame probaby. With my 305's i just clear the frame. But its up to you. A BL will give you only fender clearance ntohing else. But trimming and and crank they will fit.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
315s will fit with keys and blocks...they do rub the frame, a bolt on the passenger side, and i think the corner of the droopstops with stock wheels

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Im wanting to do the same thing you are. Im condidering a BL and keys/blocks.

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what exactly is it about the stock rims that makes them be able to fit such large tires? My stock wheels are 16x7s right? If I maintain the same backspacing with some 18x8s why wouldnt it work. I want 35s because 33s just look too small and the extra height will help out my ground clearance out at the deer lease. I dont want to spend the money on a lift right now, I have spent a shit load of money lately on the rest of the drivetrain so I would like to get by for now with just some simple stuff.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
The reason is even with the same bs, being an inch wider makes it stick out an inch further... It will hit the front bumper for sure... stock bs and width fits in there just right, you will understand once you see it in person...

70 for add-a-leafs
30 for keys
900 for MTZ's
90 for alignment

i did my keys and aal only for a few months, saved up and then bough tires and had them aligned

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
John, how did I get 35's under my HD with no rub and just cranked, I didn't rub at all. Guess every trucks different. Man it used to be small
Picture010.jpg

1 - 20 of 37 Posts