GMC Truck Forum banner

37's on a 1500hd?

Question 
5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  smoken81 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im tryin to decide between 35 or 37 12.50s. I have a 2006 1500hd. for those that are not familiar with the truck, its basically a 2500 NON hd setup. Sits a little taller that a 1500, but shorter than a 2500hd.
Im putting on a pro comp 6 inch lift. I already have a ready lift, so i plan on keeping that just to add an inch to make it level.

The truck is on the road 95% of the time. So im just curious if the 37s will rub too often. I dont wanna do the whole "man they look bad ass" scenario just to get annoyed a month later because they rub all the time.

Thoughts? Been in the same situation??

#4 ·
What wheels do you plan on running and with what offset if any?

I rub sometimes when I'm in reverse and full lock with 35's, but I'm running a x10 wheel with -25mm offset...

#5 ·
you can do it if you crank it up to 8" and do some good trimming. i know theres some guys running 37s on 2500hds with 6" kits cranked up and theres a few with 1500s with 6" kits cranked up. but the biggest concern on how much trimming is depending on your wheel specs

#6 ·
Im not dead set on 37's, just wanting to know if its a possibility. But my rims are kmc's, 18x10 -25 offset. Maybe a wheelspacer? But ive heard mixed opinions on those.

I have a different bumper, so there wouldnt be any trimming on the front side. but towards the cab, i wouldnt mind trimming a little.
But I dont want to crank the bars too much and sacrifice the ride.

Heres a link of an identical truck with 35s. If leveled out, it looks like 37 would work

http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/mygallery.asp?id=8568

#8 ·
6 inch and 33's!!! 35 will rub if your rollin a 10 inch wide wheel. If your rolling stockers it will clear 35's no problem
1500hd has an 8" frame. Meaning it sits 2" higher than the 1500's. It should clear 37's cranked a good amount. Just a little too stuffed for me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.