GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are building a street runner, at least thats what i call it, not a real prerunner just a street queen, using cst long arms and 4" spindles, 3" lift springs, donavan 4" leafs in the back, not sure on shocks, stainless lines with this, and fiberglass fenders he can clear 35x12.50x17's but he wants 37x12.5's 17's. i think its too big for the prerunner look he is going for, and a bd lift looks to be the only way to get the extra clearance, so what do you guys think? body lift it or try and talk him out of it, i have tryin to find obs pics of some prerunners and havnt found much, 37's just dont seem right for this, but this is my first prerunner build. thanks for any input! also what tires do most run? its seems mostly bfg at's, but he likes the toyo mt's which seem nice too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think 37's look great on "street runners". That socalsupertrucks red prerunner (NBS) in the prerunner gallery is running 37s and I think it looks perfect.

I'm not too crazy about the appearance of body lifts though.

·
Architecture owns me
2,351 Posts
ickk never BL a prerunner or whatever you wish to call it.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I wouldn't body lift it if you're going for the prerunner "look". But to answer your question, 37's are probably the most popular size on true prerunner trucks. They are usually ran on 17x8 wheels w/ beadlocks.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i think i have sold him on toyo's, i am waiting to hear from some guys on desert rat to see what will clear, he has got some black 17x9's kinda the teflon looking ones, waiting to hear what will clear, i think he's gonna skip the body lift and fit what ever he can. now i gotta drill out an ass load of spot welds on the bed. later on!

·
Blown Big Block
980 Posts
IMO stick with a 35...but if he insists a 37 then BFG Projects will give the best look...I run 35" Projects although on a nbs HD...its a pretty good "street runner" being from the eastcoast and all...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
yea 35's are the norm. but 37's are used often on bigger trophy trucks.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks nice, ill show him the pics, i beleive you got a ton more room to run larger tires than his truck.

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
tharf is right, all the race teams run 37's. I can get takeoff mtr's from a shop back home custom cut and non DOT. All they run is 37x12.50r17 on the trophy trucks, and 35x12.50, and 35x14.50 on the smaller trucks (stock classes).

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well it seems 37's will clear but will rub on big bumps, i think the 35's will look better, not so stuffed lookin but he's set on 37's so i guess thats what we will be runnin. thanks for the help guys.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
IMO stick with a 35...but if he insists a 37 then BFG Projects will give the best look...I run 35" Projects although on a nbs HD...its a pretty good "street runner" being from the eastcoast and all...

dont those tires cost an arm and a leg literally

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive never heard of bfg projects? but he's gonna order toyos mt's for sure.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i give up, this f-n guy has changed his mind again, now he wants to add the drop down kit from fabtech, fabtech says they cant comfrim or deny it will work with the longer a arms and longer springs, so i told him theres no way were puttin on, so he says he may go else where. i just told him i dont know of anybody doin it and dont know if its safe or not. some people got more money than sense i believe!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts