GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order a set of 37X13 boggers for my truck. Just sticking them on the 16X8's I have for now.
I was just looking on the interco site and noticed a 38.5X11 for a 16 inch rim.

Got me wondering, I currently have a cepek lift and 2" body lift. I will trim if I have to, think the narrower 38.5's will work?????? Another bonus is the 38.5's are cheaper.

Thanks for your input.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
narrower the tire the better you will clear them. Narrow tires dig more, But IMO on a fullsize thats too skinny.

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
and plus 37's arnt as deep ass a 38.5 and a hell of alot more expensive

i think for every two inches you go up you should go 1/2 inch out for your stance i could be wrong though

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
They will fit fine. They will look really skinny but they will do ok.

·
1,142 Posts
skinny is really great for when you have to break your ruts into a trail but skinny sucks for rocks and ect.....but look at me 33x10.5 and i beast with those bastards

·
meh
735 Posts
I saw a OBS with 38.5x11 boggers on a 6" lift. It had factory wheels on it. It looked AWESOME. I'd defintely go for it!

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
skinny is really great for when you have to break your ruts into a trail but skinny sucks for rocks and ect.....but look at me 33x10.5 and i beast with those bastards
Hunter narow tires are good for rocks too. More PSI to grab onto rock edges ETC. wide tires just really suck overall.

·
1,142 Posts
Hunter narow tires are good for rocks too. More PSI to grab onto rock edges ETC. wide tires just really suck overall.

damn everytime i post something on narrow vs wider tire discussion i end up have one wrong part in there haha dammit

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had 38.5x15's but i had a 3" BL not 2".

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,896 Posts
I was in marksville,la for mardi gras saw a single cab obs with the 6.5 dick cepek clearing the 38.5/11.50 without a body lift. it looks good from the side but the tires are really narrow, I like the stance of wide tires

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
i got 8" of lift with 37/12.50s and it looks good i have a post in member photos if ya want to see how it looks i don't see why you would not clear

·
Registered
617 Posts
38.5x11? That would look like straight shit imho, especially on a x8 wheel. I think you should be able to run the 38x15 with the Cepek and a 2" BL with no problems.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
i cant picture a 38.5x11...I got 35x12.50's on a 8 inch rim and even those look narrow to me...I would have to see some pics of the tire on something before I could give an honest opinion.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I like the narrower tire on my toyota, But on a fullsize they are way to skinny.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well unfortunatly I think people will be mad. Trucks gonna look like shit.

I decided on the 38.5X11's for my truck.

Each tire is 14lbs less than the 37X13.
I wheel my truck so that extra touch of hight might help, narrower could help or break me. At the mud drags I run in the narrower tire guys do better.
I don't have to eventually get a 16X10 rim, keep the ones I got, which means new gears sooner.
I won't have to get flares for my fenders, cops have been nailing people for wide tires in the rain, something about controling spray. :nono:

I will post pics once I get em.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Im gonna steal your pics Wickedgmc. Hope you dont mind.

DSCN1171.gif
DSCN1175.gif

DSCN1177.gif

1 - 20 of 32 Posts