GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these pretty good tires i see them in my magazines and on desertrat's website, are they pretty good tires to own, ive heard very good things about interco tires, whats yalls opinion, and will they fit under a 6in suspension, 3 in body lift for a 2500hd? thanks

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
If youre 15 and your lifting a 2500 9in you got too much money! I think they would clear but dont take my word on that. Also what kind of lift are you planning on running.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
They wont fit without cranking the tb's and trimming the front bumper a little. Ive heard interco tires are great right up to the point when the lugs start flying off on the road.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im getting a procomp, lol yea i made a deal wiht my dad, i have to pay for the tires, so hes helping him out alot, im spending all my summer work money on my truck

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Get a radial swamper :read:
:word: Your still Young. You dont wanna replace those things in a year. Promise. Get 37's. I like my Xterrains and they wear really well.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
If you're dead set on 38's, I'd recommend either 38x15.50 Swamper SSR's or PJ Dirt Grip 38x15.50's. Both of those are radials.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im askin all these questions now so i dont get stuck wiht somethin i dont wont so sry if im askin to many, would my truck look goofy wiht the 9 in lift and 36x14.50 tires? what do the xterrains cost?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would the 38x15.50 fit to, or does it matter about the width of the tire fitting?

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Here's a pic of a 2500HD with 6" Superlift suspension lift, 3" body lift, and 38x15.50-16.5 Swamper TSL Radials.

LiftedChevy2500HDwithJetskis.gif

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
the SX are super agressive and suck on teh road. They wear fast and ride very rough. They are NOT a road tire :read:

·
W.F.O.
140 Posts
Agreed, but that truck looks sswweet!!

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
you can clear 38's but sx's will wear so damn fast. I had a friend that had some on his truck and i'd say they last 10k at the most

·
Registered
703 Posts
The fact that you arnt going with a tire over 38" is the perfect reason to stick with radials...of course you most likely will be spending more but its worth it for the much better ride and tire wear :read:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts