GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well dirtyblackz71's thread got me thinking about what tire to get so i decided to ask this (didn't want to hijack his thread)

what 38 would you recommend? I was stuck between STS's, PJ's, and Baja Claw Radials if they are out yet. I really want PJ's but they weigh a crap load so i don't know how smart that would be.
What do you think i should get?

·
Registered
832 Posts
All of them are going to be heavy, no 38" Radial is a light tire. I'd say 40 inch MTR's but those will cost you a billion dollars aswell. what about 38x15.50 TSL Radial?? or you not want something that agressive? However, if you want PJ's then get PJ's.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
i like the PJ's alot in 38" for an all-around tire, but also like the STS for a more on-road tire. the PJ's are only like $40 more per tire than the STS.

ntwonline.com lists the baja claw radials in 38" for 15" and 18" rims.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Are 38's going to be big enough for that truck? If you get 38's you should take the bodylift off :imo

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well when rear end goes, 14bolt is going in with 5.13. I know i can clear bigger than 38s but i like the look of clearing a tire buy a good amount.

One of the FT guys was looking at my truck and talking to me about it. He was asking what tires i want and to go to him cuz he'd give me a pretty good deal. I'm sure it's just BS but we'll see what kinda price he gives me

9,778 Posts
Man your truck is tall as hell. What type ride do you want out of your tires and what are you looking for? Big lugs and really wide or what?

·
Registered
703 Posts
zubyc said:
well when rear end goes, 14bolt is going in with 5.13. I know i can clear bigger than 38s but i like the look of clearing a tire buy a good amount.

One of the FT guys was looking at my truck and talking to me about it. He was asking what tires i want and to go to him cuz he'd give me a pretty good deal. I'm sure it's just BS but we'll see what kinda price he gives me
I'm not 100% sure but i don't think you can put anything bigger than a 4.88 gear in a 14-bolt,

As for the "deal" .......you wont get them much if any cheaper than normal, all of us have heard that from them in kerman...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DirtyBlackZ71 said:
Man your truck is tall as hell. What type ride do you want out of your tires and what are you looking for? Big lugs and really wide or what?
Yah which is funny since im short :D
I want a decent ride since it's my DD and decent offroad performance (mostly sand)
Ideally i want a tire 15.5 because i dont like skinny tires in this size.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
elegalR1der said:
I like baja claws but i think you could only get 38s for 15" wheels...not sure though
they come in an 18" too.

irok radials come in 39.5x13.50x15, 16, 16.5, 17, and 20". not sure if they're available or not yet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts