GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys think its too soon?:rofl2: :crazy:

From silver-mod-o's thread i did some checking on the Super Chevy Show even locations near us and there is going to be a show May 4,5, & 6 at National Trail Raceway in Hebron, Ohio. I guess it is about 30 miles east of columbus. What do you guys think about having another get together? I know for some it would increase the drive time but for many others it would shorten it. I don't really know what the sleeping situations would be. I would guess all the nearby hotels are already booked up and have been for a few months. Looks like there is camping near by the track. I for one don't really care how i sleep as long as i get to.

http://www.superchevyshow.com/events/columbus.html

So, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
5hr drive is a little too far for me during those dates...if it was early april, or early june i could do it.

Otherwise middle of april-end of may i'll be in the field with the old man workin ground.

Dave

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
I will see what is going on during that weekend. I can tell you more accurately when the date is closer.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
that's a little more my way! however I need more time to make my truck presentable, might just have to bring the Yukon. Can't commit to anything yet.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well shit, this isn't starting out the way i had planned. I don't know, maybe i'll just keep an open mind and keep an eye out on the thread and see where it goes. I know it probably is a bit of a short notice but how cool would it be? For one, its actually gonna be a show so we can show our trucks and check out tons of other cool rides. For two, theres gonna be drags. What more could you ask for? I might do a little hunting for lodging and call some places up tommorow and see what the situation is.

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
I'm not sure if I could make it that weekend. I am planning on being at the Super Chevy show here in Indy.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
I don't see anything on the schedule for that time, but with me it's hard to know for sure until it gets a little closer. One thing is for sure - I met some pretty cool people, had a lot of fun, and definitely want to get together again when it's warmer!!!
-TK

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
hey Tk you still planning on the Springfield jambo? if so can i get a rough idea of the schedule for then, and would you mind another tag along? im up for police huntin on cb and my detector (thats always my job in the truck show convoys.... but now that im on 36's my speedos kinda wacky!) let me know tho

Im down for some sort of get together this summer, oct. is a bad time due to fall harvest and tillage on the farm. also dont want to see anything conflict with Jambos.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
hey Tk you still planning on the Springfield jambo? if so can i get a rough idea of the schedule for then, and would you mind another tag along? im up for police huntin on cb and my detector (thats always my job in the truck show convoys.... but now that im on 36's my speedos kinda wacky!) let me know tho

Im down for some sort of get together this summer, oct. is a bad time due to fall harvest and tillage on the farm. also dont want to see anything conflict with Jambos.
You bet Josh. Here's my truck show schedule for the year, and anybody that can make it let me know (send me a PM) and I'll start a post around the time of each event. Not sure where I'm staying yet for all of the events, but again, PM me if interested and I'll send info as it's known.

May 18-20: Spring Jamboree - Lima OH
May 26: Lane Automotive car/truck show - Watervliet MI
May 27: South Bend Sodbusters Memorial Day Mud Bog - South Bend IN (good event)
June 23-24: Midwest Jamboree - Springfield IL
August 18-19: Hank's 4x4 Jamboree - Mendota IL
September 21-23: Fall Jamboree - Indy IN

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
ahh shit terry...if i can get a couple days off, i'll be at the springfield show....and i MIGHT be home already for the mendota show....although i'll prolly be laughed at since it'll be lowered by then...

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
ahh shit terry...if i can get a couple days off, i'll be at the springfield show....and i MIGHT be home already for the mendota show....although i'll prolly be laughed at since it'll be lowered by then...
Cool man. I'll create a thread for each event as they near. -TK

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
show what ya got IMO. Figure its usually 3-5 bucks just to park, and another $10-$15 to show...and most of the shows ive been to, they throw like $50 worth of free shit in a bag/box for ya...lol.

Dave

·
Team White!
446 Posts
i'd be up for events within 3-4 hours driving, Indy is a good central place for everyone, so thats good, the IL/Northern Indiana meets sound good. I know JC Whitney has their annual car show usually in April sometime. Ford Truck World dominated the club scene last year so maybe show some bow tie pride this year?

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Was on Hot Rod and saw the Power Tour is in the midwest this year:

2007 HOT ROD Power Tour Schedule
Saturday, June 2: Cleveland, Ohio
Sunday, June 3: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Monday, June 4: Racine, Wisconsin
Tuesday, June 5: Springfield, Illinois
Wednesday, June 6: Evansville, Indiana
Thursday, June 7: Memphis, Tennessee
Friday, June 8: Little Rock, Arkansas