GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im re-doing my stereo in my truck and wanted to know if anyone has done 4 10's or 4 12's, and which set up sounds better? im thinking about fireing the subs into the front seats. any ideas will be helpful, thanks

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
10's will most likely sound cleaner, plus they use less airspace which is key for a truck box. 12's will hit harder though

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
do you have a regular cab or a extended cab? I no that sierraon22s has four 12s under his rear seat

·
Registered
72 Posts
when i get my truck, im thinking about putting in two 10'' kicker solo-baric L7's which are in the cab that are hitting against the front seats. They hit pretty hard and have good sound quality

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a 01 extended cab. i know that downfiring them would sound the best, but i need to have to have them forward. im also going to run kickers and im taking out the back seat.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
kickers downfiring? I've never heard of them sounding good that way... but my vote goes for the 12s. I've had 10 L7s and 12 L7s and 15 L7s, and i can't say i've been impressed by the 10s at all. I love my 12s :ninja:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would go with 12L7's they are a great sub. I installed 2 of them in a camaro and hit 141 and I had really bad voltage drop at the time so i don't know what it would hit now. Anyway they are one of the best subs on the market

·
Registered
716 Posts
Am I too late?

I have 4 12's underneath my back seat w/out moving the seat. I would personally go w/ 4 12" L7's. If your gonna remove your back seat your best bet would be to go w/ the 12's cuz you'll eventually get tired of the 10's cuz they wont live up to your expectations.
I plan on getting 4 12" L7's in the future but I'm gonna keep the back seat cuz I need it. :naughty:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts