GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I want some mild performance upgrades for the 4.3.

Ive been thinking about a cold air intake, exhaust and maybe a tuner. Heres the problem I'm a tight ass and think spending $300 ++ for a cold air intake is stupid.
Ebay has some cheap ones for the 4.3l s-10 but am not 100% it would work.

Also having a hard time finding a decent turner for the right price.

If someone could lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

0Silverado5

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
^^^:word:

I posted a thread just like this way back...pretty much nothing we 4.3 owners can do...

They dont really make any tuners for the 4.3, and CAI dont do much for us...

Blackbear recently started supporting 4.3s though...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Save up for a v8, 4.3 and performance do not mix.
I thought about droping a corvette engine in it but that would take to much time and money.

^^^:word:

I posted a thread just like this way back...pretty much nothing we 4.3 owners can do...

They dont really make any tuners for the 4.3, and CAI dont do much for us...

Blackbear recently started supporting 4.3s though...
Yeah I know the CIA don't do much thats why i don't feel like spending the $300 on it.

I don't really want to drop a V8 in, Truck only has 40,XXX mile on it.

·
CHEVY FAN
468 Posts
Well,depends on how much $ you want to spend. The 4.3 is basically a 350 with 2 cyls. hacked off. I have seen performance heads,intake manifolds,cams,headers,TBI,all kinds of stuff out there. They can be made to run very well if you sink the $ into them.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
Well,depends on how much $ you want to spend. The 4.3 is basically a 350 with 2 cyls. hacked off. I have seen performance heads,intake manifolds,cams,headers,TBI,all kinds of stuff out there. They can be made to run very well if you sink the $ into them.
With a tune the average driver wouldn't know the difference between it and a 4.8. Those motors have tons of torque down low.

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,649 Posts
Ok rob i know its a 350 with the cut but i think the only mod is this to make any big gain plus the intake and EXT....> http://www.wynjammer.com/ALM1115/GM_S10_4_3__V6.html I just did one for a 2004 chevy 4.3 extreme EX cab and the little fucker moves very well.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
why wouldn't you just find a 6.0 on craigslist for half this much? i see em all the time

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
Because he probably doesn't want to go through the hassle of it. It's a bit of a chore to swap a v8 into a v6 truck. Far different that swapping the longblock if you already have a v8.

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
Some people just want to improve what they have...he already knows he could put a different engine in but he didn't ask that question. Post ideas for improving his 4.3 instead of replacing it.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
if black bear will tune a 4.3 do that, and put a k&n filter in it with a home depot intake and stock box. e fans will do some good too.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts