GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CC With 5.5/9 drop
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyones done a tune on the 4.3 and hou much it helped/
i plan on getting a tune from justin very soon.

thanks guys

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
tunes help ANYTHING!!!! they are pretty detuned from the factory. Get it tuned and enjoy your new power... is it an auto or manual truck???

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I've got the Hypertech Power Programmer III flashed on my 4.3L in my Silverado. I've it set to 87 octane, firm shifts,Also moved all the shift points up to max and changed the settings for tire size and rear gears.

It's a hell of alot better than stock but not as good as a custom tune, Hypertech leaves 100% torque managment.

I wish they made a DiabloSport Predator for the 4.3L Silverado :pissed:

·
Registered
785 Posts
does JustinSS do tunes for 4.3L's ?
I can do tune a 4.3L just as easily as a V8 truck, it is just typically not a common engine that I tune. I'd strongly advise a scan cable tune when doing so, so that I may be able to tune each truck to it's full potential, especially given the lower base hp number on those trucks.

Justin

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thanks Justin. I am looking to get a good tune once I lift my truck in about a week. I plan on regearing 10bolt in the near future. Do you suggest I do so before I get a custom tune, or would I be safe with a tune first and wait on the regear? thanks for the info

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can do tune a 4.3L just as easily as a V8 truck, it is just typically not a common engine that I tune. I'd strongly advise a scan cable tune when doing so, so that I may be able to tune each truck to it's full potential, especially given the lower base hp number on those trucks.

Justin
I’m up in Canada and I’m curios if you can tell me what id need to do my own custom tune? And can you share the specs of some solid tunes you have done of 4.3s?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts