GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Whats a wynjammer? i got an 04. Now im looking into a bigger engine instead of the turbo. So now i have new questions #1-do i have to get a new computer and wire harness if i get a bigger engine? #2-can i put in say an 1997 350 engine into my 04? once again any help would be greatlly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Whats a wynjammer? i got an 04. Now im looking into a bigger engine instead of the turbo. So now i have new questions #1-do i have to get a new computer and wire harness if i get a bigger engine? #2-can i put in say an 1997 350 engine into my 04? once again any help would be greatlly appreciated.
Why would you want to put in a 350 into your truck? Make less power, technically would be illegal, and more of a hassle.

·
Mr.Papagiorgio
2,359 Posts
STS will custom size a turbo for you V-6, but you'll be limited on boost becouse of you intake. You can do the marine MPFI deal, but you'll end up spending way more money to get ready for a turbo then you would spend on a 4.8 or 5.3 swap. Or about the same on 6.0 swap.

Yeah I know a turbo V-6 is cool, and no one is running them. But dollar per HP is not going to add up to good for you.

So I would rock the V-6 for a couple of years
get your truck lowered
rims if you want
tonneau
use spectre parts to get a CAI
add a peformance muffler with turn down cheap HP
4.11 gears are a must with any motor, and a 4.3 will love them more.

my pastic intake took 11 pounds before it blew up, i rand 9 psi for almost a year with no problem.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The reason you don't find many performance mods for the 4.3L would closely correlate to the same reason why you don't see a lot of people putting whipped cream on onions.

Here are your only feasible options:
1) Focus on aesthetics and be slow
2) V8 swap it for at least a Gen-III SBC
3) Buy a truck with a V8

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
The reason you don't find many performance mods for the 4.3L would closely correlate to the same reason why you don't see a lot of people putting whipped cream on onions.

Here are your only feasible options:
1) Focus on aesthetics and be slow
2) V8 swap it for at least a Gen-III SBC
3) Buy a truck with a V8
Your sig is win. I haven't watched that movie in forever, makes me want to dust it off the throw it in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Everyone is going to tell you the same thing - It will be less money and work to drop in a 6.0L

Please don't say you want to Turbo a V6 because it's different and unique. :rolleyes: It's a 6 cylinder dude. It's an economy motor.

www.car-part.com find a local, low mileage 6.0L LQ4 and enjoy 2 extra cylinders.
I dont know mush about engines I only know alot about suspensions. BUt im gonna go ahead and go with a 6.0L LQ4 swap. thanks for link denaliano. hey dude do i have to get a new ecm or can i tune it to run the V8?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Do you even have the tools/resources/garage space to do a motor swap? If not quit posting and wasting our time.

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
I wish I knew the issue, but Sport Truck had a write up on the 4.3. It's GM's v-8 with two cylinders chopped off. the internals were the same except for the obvious crank and can being for 6cyl not 8. I'd say do it, whatever the typhoon guys can do, you can do to. Would be nice to show these fellow members that ALL GM motors are the shit! lol

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I wish I knew the issue, but Sport Truck had a write up on the 4.3. It's GM's v-8 with two cylinders chopped off. the internals were the same except for the obvious crank and can being for 6cyl not 8. I'd say do it, whatever the typhoon guys can do, you can do to. Would be nice to show these fellow members that ALL GM motors are the shit! lol
GM leg-humping fail.

Exhibit A:

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
21 - 40 of 64 Posts