GMC Truck Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
wasting you rtime you didint have to look up my post or respond to it. dick
im just being honest.

If you have no tools, no shop, no know how, why are you even asking this? You couldn't do a motor swap let alone a custom turbo set up if you don't have those things.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
well its all good. i got some 22's now and im just gonna get some gears and keep that way. I think ill just get a gsxr750 for the fast shit.

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts

• Everyone is going to tell you the same thing - It will be less money and work to drop in a 6.0L

Please don't say you want to Turbo a V6 because it's different and unique. :rolleyes: It's a 6 cylinder dude. It's find a local, low mileage 6.0L LQ4
    True but also false IMO, they released the 4.3 as an
    Everyone is going to tell you the same thing - It will be less money and work to drop in a 6.0L

Please don't say you want to Turbo a V6 because it's different and unique.

Not so true IMO, yes the 4.3 may have been classified or called an economy motor but if it was such an economy motor then wheres the gas mileage an economy motor would get and also how would it be capable of towing what most standard v8s are rated to tow? I've always seen a 4.3 as a 350 with 2 cylinders chopped off. Also in my opinion the cyclone and typhoons were only produced for a couple years because GM knew that it would he considered a unique and a hard to find classic. Only made a certain number of each of those. And plus being an AWD heavily modded 4.3, it was destined to be popular in the race world. Slap.a decently modded 4.3 in it, (cam, slight head work(vortec heads if optional in your budget), intake, headers and few other misc parts plus a decent turbo, yea, that would be not only fun as shit but would be something kinda like the cyclones and typhoons but it would be diff in the same aspect because it isnt the weight of a v8 and would still he modified but as you said, it's not the 3.8 grand nat motor that was built specifically for performance but it's your next best option. And for the power that can be claimed out of them with the lesser weight and other money you can pick one up for plus the weight diff between a standard 2wd, 4.3 cyclone. I might kno somebody with a good 4.3 short block and I honestly dont see a reason why not to build it and do it. Either way, it's still a fun little street dont mind a ride along. Either way, would be a fun and prob fulfilling meal. Hell I've always wanted to do one and put the drive train out of a like 04-05 lq5 5.7 motor/trans out of a trans and turbo the shit out of it. Would definitely be a piece to have around. Even if you have a Silverado, Yukon or tahoesnot.only interchangeanle in the 4wd set up on the fly. With just the light motor work i mentioned plus some alcohol seeping out of your skin then i also get what your sayin. Lmao! Plus once you turbo the motor behind the bolt ons then maybe itll change your views, if not the here then where? And also if the guy isnt a wrench happy guy familiar with the motor world then maybe it would be a good learning experience as well for him. It's all in personal preference. I've honestly been debating turboing or spraying the shit out of my cast iron 4.3 and seeing what all its capable of and all that. Document my costs and time in it and just.kinda go from there. I just wanna do it to be doing it, like I said before, I think it would be a fun little project to do and play with.”

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everyone is going to tell you the same thing - It will be less money and work to drop in a 6.0L

Please don't say you want to Turbo a V6 because it's different and unique. :rolleyes: It's a 6 cylinder dude. It's an economy motor.

www.car-part.com find a local, low mileage 6.0L LQ4 and enjoy 2 extra cylinders.
Anyone that owns a 4.3 knows it's definitely not an economy engine. I get literally ½ the fuel economy with my 4.3 as opposed to my LT1 V8. Fact.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts