GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering the quality of us standard gear? I was told Ron machine services was a good place but they only show that brand. As well do I need a tru trac locker? I don't really haul much besides a few atvs and a truck maybe every three months to the track.

·
STOCK TRUCK
1,324 Posts
They are terrible and will make your truck implode......jk they are fine. If you ever get on some muddy backroads with the ATV's it might be nice to have a locker.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I run USA standards with 33x13's and over 500hp at the crank. Not a single issue. All in the setup.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not to derail the thread, but who is RON? I am getting ready to purchase, but I'm still shopping around for the best prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to derail the thread, but who is RON? I am getting ready to purchase, but I'm still shopping around for the best prices.

Ron's machine services that's also the website. Had several people tell me he has good parts and good prices. He also emailed me back today and for around $625 you can get front and rear Yukon gears probably going with that

·
Registered
741 Posts
Im running USA Standard 4.56s in the front and rear with a tru trac and they are dead silent, i would buy them again

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
To my understanding yukons go through an extra finishing process. But they are made from the same quality

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I had Standard 4.56's in my old truck. never gad a problem.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just talked to Ron's. He has me set up for Yukon 4.88's, install kits, new front carrier (I have the shitty 3.08's now), and a tru trac for less than I was quoted for everything minus the tru trac.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Have y'all heard any negatives about the USA standard install kit vs the Yukon one? I wouldn't think there would be a huge difference between the two at all.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Have y'all heard any negatives about the USA standard install kit vs the Yukon one? I wouldn't think there would be a huge difference between the two at all.

Im sure they are both fine, I ended up getting a USA standard and a motive install kit with my package.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Did you notice a huge difference when you swapped? I have 3.08's with 35's now and had planned on going with 5.13's but may wind up switching to 4.88's. Future plans involve 37's and maybe 20x10 or x12's.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Did you notice a huge difference when you swapped? I have 3.08's with 35's now and had planned on going with 5.13's but may wind up switching to 4.88's. Future plans involve 37's and maybe 20x10 or x12's.

I have 33" tires and was going to go 4.88 too but GREENSIERRA told me to go at least 5.13 which I did. I'm going to be 100% honest and say I wish I went 5.38 even with running a 33" tire. Not only did I gain a bunch of power but also increased my gas mileage by 4mpg.

Build in for the future because if your into more power you will always keep upgrading and if you under gear you will be kicking yourself down the road. 4.88 will work just fine for 35-37" tires but you will get more performance out of 5.13-5.38. I have a different situation where I gained MPG and you might lose some. 3.08 on 35" tire must really suck to drive around as least my 3.73 sucked.

·
NFW911
135 Posts
I have 33" tires and was going to go 4.88 too but GREENSIERRA told me to go at least 5.13 which I did. I'm going to be 100% honest and say I wish I went 5.38 even with running a 33" tire. Not only did I gain a bunch of power but also increased my gas mileage by 4mpg.

Build in for the future because if your into more power you will always keep upgrading and if you under gear you will be kicking yourself down the road. 4.88 will work just fine for 35-37" tires but you will get more performance out of 5.13-5.38. I have a different situation where I gained MPG and you might lose some. 3.08 on 35" tire must really suck to drive around as least my 3.73 sucked.
i take it this isnt your daily driver which ever your running 33" on am i right?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts