GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u need to put a C-notch in for the 4"/6" Djm calmax 2? Or would it just be better to have one? Please help?
thanks

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Without it your axle will be sitting right on the frame just about. It would be undrivable :imo

·
OG
6,939 Posts
to go 4/6 you will always need a c-notch. Buy jamals in the for sale section it's brand new.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
It does i just posted this in the for sale section. For the DJM 4/6 the c-notch is part of the rear flip kit if you look at whats all included it should tell you. Have you checked out stylinconcepts yet that is where i got my drop from they do great buisness awesome shipping too. I think that is where jamal got his from also

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm prob gunna be pickin up Jamal's kit but I just wanted to find out about towing. With a 6in drop in the back is there any chance of pulling a trailer anymore?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Tempero said:
I'm prob gunna be pickin up Jamal's kit but I just wanted to find out about towing. With a 6in drop in the back is there any chance of pulling a trailer anymore?

With just the drop kit, you will have a hard time towing with it. If you use Helper Airbags, your Towing capabilities will be alot greater.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Etnies1212 said:
Blue02, do u have n e scraping problems with stock rims and tires? Did u have to modify n e thing?
I have a little bit of rubbing in the front drivers side wheel well i think the only reason it does it is bc of the way the chevy's lean to the left gotta love the chevy lean.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 2 more question for u all. The first one being, does the DJM calmax 2 kit come with everything i need to drop the truck or do i need to buy exta parts? Also how hard is it really to intall the drop kit yourself?

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Etnies1212 said:
I have 2 more question for u all. The first one being, does the DJM calmax 2 kit come with everything i need to drop the truck or do i need to buy exta parts? Also how hard is it really to intall the drop kit yourself?

Yes the calmax 2 kit comes with all that you will need to lower your truck except shocks. To tell you the truth i'm still running stock shocks and it has been 2 months now and the ride is not that bad. Sometimes i can feel the shocks bottom out but ohh well. I would have gotten shocks a long time ago but i have no money and i dont feel like i really need them right now. If you have the money get shocks everyone else will tell you to get them.

As for the drop install it was time consuming for me and Stepehen aka Dark Eternal we took our time really and ran into a few probs like stephen cutting my rear brake line yes the Hard line. Make sure you have a nice drill bit for drlling the holes in the frame for the c-notch. Stephen did most of the work on my mine so i'm going to let others chime in and give you thier advice if no one does send Dark eternal a pm

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Did you Send a PM to Dark Eternal he is really good at giving info. He writes some of the teck articles on the site.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have lowered 3 other vehicles before. Granted they were all s-10's, but anyway...they get faster as you go. The first took us (father in law and I) approx 8 hours. We took our time because we had never messed with the suspension before. The last time took approx 3 hours since we knew what we were doing. I was cutting bumpstops while he was replacing spindles. And while he finished the front end, I got the lowered leafs in...
I am not a real car savvy type either. I don't know anything about engines, and I knew very little about the suspension, but you learn as you go. You can only read about the stuff so much. You just gotta do it.
as far as shocks, the kit I am selling comes with them. Keep that in mind. It would cost you over 600 if you bought it from a company. I am selling for 500 and paying the shipping.

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
Blue02 said:
I have a little bit of rubbing in the front drivers side wheel well i think the only reason it does it is bc of the way the chevy's lean to the left gotta love the chevy lean.

A lil rubbing ???

My inner wheel wells are cut in half from the stock height tire hitting on both sides .. :rocking:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had a 4/6 drop kit with a C-Notch and hated it. It was such a pain in the ass! It scraped on everything. I could not use a truck for what a trucks really for either! But I got smart and lifted it! Love the lift, you should really think about the aftermath before you make your decision. I spent $4000 redoing my custom truck so it wouldnt scrape. :insane:

mso2378D.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If i put a 2 inch shackle on the back plus the fit kit to make it 8 inches will i need a bigger C-notch. Also will stock tire rub?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts