GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to do a 4/6 drop on my 2011 Silverado after doing some research.

Almost everywhere I looked, it seemed I would have plenty of clearance with a 4 inch drop in the front on 20 inch wheels with as long as I used 275/55/R20.

I did the drop 4 inch drop and fender is all but sitting on the wheel. There is maybe only 1 inch of clearance at the most.

Here are some pics.

Any ideas why my truck is different?

Will putting one of the spacers bring it up enough?

What if I switch to a shorter tire?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That isn't 4" up front, thats more like 5-6" lol

Explain how you have it setup. Im at 4/6 on my 08 and have plenty of clearance on 275/55/20

I didn't do it, I having someone who operates a shop and supposedly knows what he is doing.

We bought a 4/6 drop kit and he supposedly dropped it the full amount of the front and when he lowered it from the lift this is how it sits.

Here is a picture of the truck and its stance after the "4/6" drop.

Does that look like 5 in the front?

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that isn't right. That looks about an inch lower in the front but wtf did he not lower the rear?
that's supposed to be 6 in the rear.

In his defense, it is a lot lower than it was.

Here is a pic of it previously.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I said on SS that it had a shit ton of rake.

Jack I think it is an illusion making it look like that. I bet if the front was up like an inch or two it wouldn't make the back seem so high.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
No I'm willing to bet he didn't use the factory rear shackle - illusion or not that's not 6" in the rear. I've never seen them that high..

For 6 in the rear it should be factory shackle - belltech/mcg hangers set at the 2nd? hole set and the flip. Something is flipped in there. People used to get shackles confused let me check to see if I can find the post from like 5 years ago

As for the front find out what strut spacer he used if any

Here: nnbs belltech drop kit problems

Take a pic of the rear shackle

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I'm willing to bet he didn't use the factory rear shackle - illusion or not that's not 6" in the rear. I've never seen them that high..

For 6 in the rear it should be factory shackle - belltech/mcg hangers set at the 2nd? hole set and the flip. Something is flipped in there. People used to get shackles confused let me check to see if I can find the post from like 5 years ago

As for the front find out what strut spacer he used if any

Here: nnbs belltech drop kit problems

Take a pic of the rear shackle
I don't think he used spacers for the full drop, he said when he tore it down that he was going to insert one and see what that did.

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah that's why its so low then. The MCG spindles are 2" drop already, if you have zero spacers on the strut that makes for 5" up front. You need 2 spacers for 4" total along with the spindles.

This is with 2 spacers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes but it is like 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. All the parts are new so they need time to settle in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts