GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gonna put a 4/6 drop on my nbs rcsb and i'll be running a set of 17s. What tire size would be best for the front? Don't want to rub and don't want to have to roll the fenders. I don't mind running a smaller tire but don't want anything too small. I won't have any problems running 17 inch wheels off an 08 on my 03 will i?

·
Pewter scooter
1,930 Posts
Im in to hear some input as well for my own use.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
I run 245/60/17 and I only rub on huge bumps. No fender rolling

·
Pewter scooter
1,930 Posts
:shake:

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Wait hang on, I have 245/65, not 60

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What tires do you have? Do you like them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
same here runnin a 4/6.5 with 245/65/17 no problems.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i have 275/60/17... wait im not drop yet. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
im currently runnin 245/70/17s on mine. I just lowered it two days ago. I have a flip kit in rear, and i lowered the front with springs that came off my bro truck. Only thing is, my front is setting about an inch lower than the rear. Has me puzzled, who ever i got my truck from must have lowered it at least 2" with spindels and me adding the spriongs set it at 5". Only thing i can come up with. But i have no rubbing issues and turns perfect.

Also, the guy who had my truck before took a overload out the rear. Well, i got some used leafs from a work truck to replace them. Thats all i have with a flip kit in rear. Do u think the work truck leafs sit higher than stock silverado leafs? Just puzzled. Sorry about blowin your thread up. Ill take pics tomorrow.

There is a before pic of lowering the front in my sig below.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
255/60's is what I ran for a bit... Good size :imo

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts