GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3/4 drop and its not low enough I want to go with a 4/6 but I'm wondering if everything will clear alright with no rubbing? I have 275/45/20 falkens.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I highly doubt that size tire will work with a 4/6. It depends on your backspacing. You could be alright in the rear but prolly not the front.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
are you running regular chrome rims or a set of billet wheels? if you're running a typical chrome wheel, i doubt it will have enough backspacing to use that big of a tire.

·
Banned
3 Posts
You should be fine if you have the right offset. That is the tire i'm going to run with my 4/6 drop. Here is a couple of photos that shows a 4/6 drop with the 275/45/20.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
what year truck do you have?

i got an obs truck, and that size tire wouldnt fit on a 4/6 drop

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have a set of chrome centerline wheels and i just bought a new set of Toyo's 275/40/20 for that same reason. i didnt think it would have the clearance needed with a 275/45. but i think i will be okay, what do you all think?

on my OBS i had a 5/7 and i could only run a 245/40 18 on the front, but i didnt have custom built wheels. i didnt have but about a finger clearance between the fender and the tire. but the tires tucked when i would hit bumps. no rubbing at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts