GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with a 4/7 drop on my 2003 will i have to remove the spare tire, or can i just get a relocator? and what size tires should i be looking for if i will be riding on AR maxim 20x8.5? thanks in advance...

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
you won't need a spare tire relocater unless you have a roll pan. i'd just get rid of the spare tire . tires: 245/40, 255/45

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
you can pull them out but trust me it's no fun I had to push up on the bed and pull the tire out with the other lol thats why I decided to put it in the bed.. it's ever more fun in the cold in an apartment parking lot.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
u'll prbly drag ur hitch on driveways and stuff. I'd take that off :read:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
i'd throw the spare in the bed. for the tires, i'd run either a 245/40 or a 255/35.
werd, and i have some maxims for sale :naughty:

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, ill probably put the spare int he bed, but that means i have to save for a tunnnuhhhh cova... im paranoid someone is goign to jack my shit ;x and when you take out the spare doesnt it raise your rearend liek 1" higher because of the weight? cuz i want the rearend a little lower than the front, u know? ps... thansk for the help and tire sizes guys... and what about 245/35? are those too thin?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
brock said:
ya, ill probably put the spare int he bed, but that means i have to save for a tunnnuhhhh cova... im paranoid someone is goign to jack my shit ;x and when you take out the spare doesnt it raise your rearend liek 1" higher because of the weight? cuz i want the rearend a little lower than the front, u know? ps... thansk for the help and tire sizes guys... and what about 245/35? are those too thin?
my spare has been in my bed for a year, and 245/35 are wayy to thin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts