GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 4/7 be to low on 08 gmc with 295/35/24 what kind of problems would I encounter and what do I need

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I currenty have a 4/7 drop on a 2009 crew cab 4x4 with no problems. My biggest recommendation would be helper bags. Also will depend on your wheel offset what kind of rubbing you will expierence if any.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are helper bags

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
They are made to help level and keep the truck from bottoming out with a load. They install between the frame and leafs. For instance I would keep about 8 lbs psi in them at all times and would never bottom out. Also they allow you to adjust height of the truck slightly. With your typical 4/7 drop the rear will sit lower than the front. Put a few pounds in the bags and now you sit level. They are like 300 to 350 dollars for the kit But unless you want to do a c-notch it is the best option.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok this kit would be just drop spindle and coil spring relocator and a flip kit ? Are the helper bags bolt on I have no clue I am use to lifts and 4x4

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Helper bags are 100% bolt on. The hardest part to me is actually putting the axel on top of the leafs (flip kit).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would the helper bags still be recommended with a 4/6

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update went to shop today to get drop kit done i can not do 4/6 its to low for the wheels i have i will not be able to tuck they will rub so the man says.....so im goin with a 3/5 and still gonna do the helper bags is there anything different in the kit or that i will need compared to the 4/6

·
GMFS Veteran Member
304 Posts
did you just go to a local suspension shop and have them order it for you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts