GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it won't work but I'm asking anyway. I'm running Eagle GTII P275/45R20's on my truck and want to go to 4/6 or 4/7. Is it possible?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
you'll have to run a 245/40/20 or you MIGHT could get away with a 255/45/20 by toyo...i'm not going to guarantee that one though.

Other choices are 275/35/20, 255/35/20, and 275/45/20 with proper backspacing (half inch more than what you have and what i have :pissed: )

Also keep in mind that when you go 4/6 on 245/40's you'll be a little over an inch lower than with the stock sized tires...it will make speedbumps interesting since you have the huge tranny crossmember.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that. I knew it wouldn't work but had to ask! I hate to buy more tires again! What size you running? I need some cheap tires know any deals?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Hankook Ventus 245/40/zr20

Check out www.bigjimsrims.com. randy gave me a good deal on mine, and i'd recommend him to anybody else any day of the week. :)

here is a side shot of my truck to show you how it sits with a DJM 4/6 + 2" rear shackles

When i buy new tires i do plan to go 275/35/20 out back...and i believe your rear 275/45/20 will work in the back if you roll your fenderlips.

good luck!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I knew the back would work. But the front is tight! Are you at 4/7 or 4/8? I thought about going with that brand of tire and I bought the rims and tires from Randy. Great deal.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
4/8 Since the shackles don't really give a full 2" of drop out back i am sitting just even with the fenders...if not tucking a little bit :naughty:

·
Burning Rubber
993 Posts
I want to go to 5/8" with the DJM 5/7 kit and shackles.

Will a 245/40/20 rub on a 20x8.5???

.... the rims I am looking at are 20x8.5 foose lusso's with a +13 backspacing. And I will most likely curl the fender lips reguardless.

·
Registered
255 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Yeah I knew the back would work. But the front is tight! Are you at 4/7 or 4/8? I thought about going with that brand of tire and I bought the rims and tires from Randy. Great deal.

really :think: i would think getting the back to work would be harder than the front. i clear easily up front to the point that i think another half inch wouldn't make that much of a differance. i'll try and take pics of mine tonight or tomorrow. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts