GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I am putting a 4/7 on my trucks and want to run 265/35r22 but i was wondering how much backspacing and offset i will need to tuck. I have a 93 Reg Cab Chevy FleetSide any input would greatly help thanks. Suggestions as well, and maybe where to find the rims with that offset and BS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I have another question can you run 15's with drop spindles I thought i read somewhere that you had to trim the LCA, you know anything about this. I was trying to avoid the bumpsteer with an lca

·
Full-time FSC'er
186 Posts
You can run 15's with drop spindles but you'll have to grind down the curved lip of the LCA under the balljoint, sometimes called the 'rain gutter' portion.

As far as backspacing for 22's, if they are 9.5" wide you'd need I believe between 6" and 6.5" of backspace. My 20x9's have are +20mm offset and have 5.8" BS and they tuck nicely. So I'd assume that a 1/2" wider wheel would need about 1/2" more BS to tuck.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

1,798 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so those 22's wont work with 6.7" of Backspacing i thought thay would be plenty enough they make 2 different 22's one with 5.7" and one with 6.7" of backspacing both are 22's on a 5on5 if they dont tuck how much is need for them to.

1,798 Posts
so those 22's wont work with 6.7" of Backspacing i thought thay would be plenty enough they make 2 different 22's one with 5.7" and one with 6.7" of backspacing both are 22's on a 5on5 if they dont tuck how much is need for them to.
cool, thought that 6.7 was a 5.7, those should work

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great thats what i was wanting to hear. Also whats you opinion on those rims you like them or not!! Let me know no hard feeling just wondering

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should I go with the pro drop or quick drop. I know quick drop is easier and cheaper, but which one has less bump steer and will give the better ride...?

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
you wont clear 22's with a 5-7 drop, it will be very close with a 4-6 and some trimming and 255-35-22's or smaller, hell with my 5-7 my 255-35-20's are gonna be close besides 4-6 on an obs isnt that low espcially if you throww 22's on there looks much better 5-7 with 20's imho. but everyone likes there own thing so do what you like not what everyone else tells you to do.

1,798 Posts
go with spindles and coils in the front and a flipkit and drop shackles in the rear, belltech spindles will push your rims out alittle, djm spindles won't, lca's will give you alignment problems and bumpsteer on obs trucks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts