GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06' on a 4/6 drop right now. Going to be buying 2" drop shackles for the rear very soon and wanted to know what some of the other guys who are running a 4/8 think of the ride qaulity compared to a 4/6? Also, if anyone has pics of a 4/8 on an 06' or a similar body style, please post them!

Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
Should ride the same, but some have said the bolt on notch is too small and could bottom out, especially if your shocks are too soft.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
it would probably bottom out quite a bit unless you have helper bags.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Should ride the same, but some have said the bolt on notch is too small and could bottom out, especially if your shocks are too soft.
it would probably bottom out quite a bit unless you have helper bags.
both are correct, been there done that. im at 4/7 now and its still annoying

flip kit, shackles, mcgaughy's notch. no helper bags, doetsch tech schocks

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
im 5/8 and i dont bottom out much.... you just got to be careful, dont expect driving through railroad tracks like if you have a lifted truck.

I also have a mcgaughy bolt in notch, but its tacked not much difference anyways.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a hitch or a spare and I have a rollpan as a bumper. Figured I wouldn't have a problem bottoming out to often. Not only that, But i'll prob order some 1" shackles later to replace the driver side 2" out for the 1" to rid the chevy lean.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah i have my shackles set to 2" on the pass and 1" on the driver side, if anything it rides better now with these shackles, 4-8 is fine no problems with it, but yeah I do bottom out sometimes now if I hit a bump goin fast but its like barely ever, just drive careful.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
hit me up when you look for shackles :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i have my shackles set to 2" on the pass and 1" on the driver side, if anything it rides better now with these shackles, 4-8 is fine no problems with it, but yeah I do bottom out sometimes now if I hit a bump goin fast but its like barely ever, just drive careful.
Where do you get the adjustable shackles? does summit racing have them? I was just going to order these 2" shackles but if they have adjustable ones for the same price...

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
blank i sell the djm ones and cheaper than summit and keeps the business here. You have 2 holes you can adjust it to. 1 or 2 inhc

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
I have an 8 inch drop in the back with a DJM notch and I bottom out quite a bit really.. but I dont mind it that much.
I'm about to do a ministep notch like Desert1500 has on his truck. I'd recommend doing something like that.

Flipkit, DJM notch, and Eibach Shackles with no helper bags on my back end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts