GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, this is a great site. There are some awesome trucks out there. I've searched the forums, looked at the different manufacturers but can't seem to find a 4" body lift for my 2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD. Seems like I can do a 2.5-3" leveling kit or I've got to jump up to a 5-6.5" full lift. Am I missing something? I've looked at BDS, RC, Superlift, Zone. I'm a noob at this so any help/advice appreciated!

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
So you bought a $$$$$$$$ truck and want to buy a dookie kit for it? That makes sense.

·
Jake
2,353 Posts
Please do a 4" body lift so I can see how rediculous it looks on a HD.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
body lifts look HORRIBLE on HD's because the amount of frame let alone a 4" if it even exists. I've only seen as big as 3". do it right and level it or do a small suspension lift.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
:bawl:

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
in 4 pics

·
Registered
876 Posts
I can't understand why some people even post. Especially when there just here being sarcastic or assholes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Would you put a 4" body lift on your new truck? Fuck you probably would. And this is coming from a guy who has a 3" that I don't care for.:big_banana_Dance:
Why buy a nice truck and cheap out on a body or stretched leveling kit?

·
Registered
156 Posts
First off, this is a great site. There are some awesome trucks out there. I've searched the forums, looked at the different manufacturers but can't seem to find a 4" body lift for my 2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD. Seems like I can do a 2.5-3" leveling kit or I've got to jump up to a 5-6.5" full lift. Am I missing something? I've looked at BDS, RC, Superlift, Zone. I'm a noob at this so any help/advice appreciated!
My truck has a 4" suspension lift by trail master. I know it's not a high end lift (or a body lift) but maybe that'll help you some.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Would you put a 4" body lift on your new truck? Fuck you probably would. And this is coming from a guy who has a 3" that I don't care for.:big_banana_Dance:
Why buy a nice truck and cheap out on a body or stretched leveling kit?
No I wouldn't. Did you see where he posted that he was a noob? OP doesn't know. So instead of being a fuckin smartass maybe just tell him you think that much of a body lift wouldn't look good.

·
Registered
307 Posts
No I wouldn't. Did you see where he posted that he was a noob? OP doesn't know. So instead of being a fuckin smartass maybe just tell him you think that much of a body lift wouldn't look good.

Its a shame, people coming to a forum to try and find information like everybody else and then they get torn apart when they ask a "dumb" or "common noob" question.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Actual advice time. You meant to say "suspension-lift". You're out of luck with 4 in on the HD. My advice is do a 2.5 level in conjunction with a 1.5 inch body lift from zone. Nets a 4 inch total lift in the front. Fit's a 33x12.5 on 20x12 wheels fine. Because the rear suspension remains stock this way, you can still keep the full functuonality of your HD setup.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts

Like everyone has already stated, one way or another.....

You really don't "want" a 4" body lift. I'm not even sure they make a 3" for your particular application yet.

I've got a 3" BL on my HD. I bought and installed it back when my truck was only 2 yrs old or so. I didn't have the money for a full suspension lift at the time and was tired of my crappy "leveling kit" ride. I added the 3" Performance Accessories BL and was happy with the new height and better, decranked ride. Eventually I got tired of the height and wanted more, so I ordered a Cognito lift kit. I thought I'd install the suspension lift and remove the 3" BL. But, I really enjoyed the overall height and great ride I had back finally. Here I am 10 yrs later with the Cognito and my BL still on my HD. It does show alot of frame and the rear hitch area bugs me... But, I've done the best I can to help "hide" the BL. Keep the frame painted, proper gap guards, and the addition of my NFabs steps really help IMO!

With all that being said.....

In your case, I think either go with a nice Cognito leveling kit or save up for a Cognito 4-6" suspension kit. It'll look great and still ride nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actual advice time. You meant to say "suspension-lift". You're out of luck with 4 in on the HD. My advice is do a 2.5 level in conjunction with a 1.5 inch body lift from zone. Nets a 4 inch total lift in the front. Fit's a 33x12.5 on 20x12 wheels fine. Because the rear suspension remains stock this way, you can still keep the full functuonality of your HD setup.
This. I guess my terminology was off. I'm looking for about a 4" lift. Really no particular reason other than to fit some 20's when I get them and to have a more aggressive look. I tow a 35' travel trailer and it seems that with a 4" lift and 20's that's pretty much the max before you start largely affecting the tow angle. Thanks for the clarification. Any suggestions on brand to go with?

·
Registered
876 Posts
How is he out of luck? The 4" kits have been posted in here.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
This. I guess my terminology was off. I'm looking for about a 4" lift. Really no particular reason other than to fit some 20's when I get them and to have a more aggressive look. I tow a 35' travel trailer and it seems that with a 4" lift and 20's that's pretty much the max before you start largely affecting the tow angle. Thanks for the clarification. Any suggestions on brand to go with?
1. you made it seem pretty clear when you used italics on the 'body' lift in your original post.

2. if you look DIRECTLY below your first post, someone has even taken the time to post links for 3 separate kits in the height you are looking for.

3. to make it even easier, here's a direct link to THAT
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5733195&postcount=2

4. cognito is going to be the highest quality and best possible kit you can put on that truck. But they are expensive, especially if you start adding on some of the small stuff, but the parts are bulletproof and really solidify the ifs suspension on these rigs.

5. if your going to be towing, i recommending checking out some of the 129 load index tires. not sure which suspension lifts are oem wheel compatible, if you plan on sticking with oem wheels anyways, but i'd recommend going with a 295 65 20 nitto trail or terra grappler due to the insane load index on those things (which is good for towing).

6. some other tire suggestions. go to nitto's website, click on a tire (terra grappler g2 or trail grappler. whichever you prefer, either is a solid choice) then scroll down and look at the sizes in 20" they offer. it also shows the actual size in inches as far as overall diameter, width, approved rim widths, etc. find one that has a load index of 126 or higher. the higher the better. done.

wrong. zone doesn't even make body lifts for 3500's, you'd have to custom piece it together. please don't make any more terrible, uninformed suggestions.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts