GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LSU102
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you run your speaker wires from your 4 channel amp. Do ya'll run a wire to each individual speaker in the doors, or run all 4 wires to the back of the head unit? I've always ran my speakers off of my head unit so this is my first time installing a 4 channel amp along with my mono amp.

·
EMAW
85 Posts
On my truck my amps are behind the rear seat, so it was easier to just run new wire to the rears in the doors. The fronts I just ran to the HU because I was being lazy, but really it'd be best to run new wire to all the speakers. I probably will when I get new components in front. I also left the factory wiring in place in case I ever wanted to return it to stock.

On my old durango, the wires for each speaker ran to a factory amp in the passenger kick panel. I had the amp mounted under the pass seat, so it was easy to just run and tap into the factory amp wiring in the kick panel.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I ran, new wire from each speaker to the amp. Than, rcas to the head units from the amp

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Unless you're doing high power, you can just run it to the dash and be in good shape. I've done it tooooooons of times. Just make sure you disconnect the wires from the HU.

·
LSU102
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. i think i'll take the easy way out and run the wires behind the head unit. I have kicker ks comps in front and ks coaxials in the rear so there won't be to much power going through the factory wires.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Unless you're doing high power, you can just run it to the dash and be in good shape. I've done it tooooooons of times. Just make sure you disconnect the wires from the HU.
same here, literally hundreds of times. Ive even ran wires straight to the rears, then the front outs to the factory speaker wires in the rear deck and jumped them behind the radio, works like a champ

·
Registered
93 Posts
i usually run wires to the kick panels and tie in to the speaker wires as they go into the door saves some hassle from trying to get the wire or fishtape through the boot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts