GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone else on here was looking at it too. I have parts on the way, but I can't find a decent muffler that'll quiet the exhaust some. All of the 4" mufflers are the "race" series, and pretty worthless in the muffling department. Who all makes a 4"?

edit... I'm going to go ahead and order this one. HERE

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be willing to try it, just because that's one of the few mufflers that I haven't used, but damn thats expensive. :think:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Most of them are reversible, so why not run two?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
look into a diesel muffler....

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
look into a diesel muffler....
I did, but I couldn't find any that I like, other than the magnaflow. I've had 5 different magnaflows in the last few years, so I want to try something different this time. I'll have the pipe on monday, so I should have a vid by the middle of next week. :D

I think the oval is the pn I gave you. I copied the wrong link. Here's the right one... http://www.borla.com/products/product_multi_detail.aspx?cat=5&type=72&desc=XR-1%26reg%3b+Racing+Exhaust|XR-1%26reg%3b+Sportsman+Racing+Mufflers

I'm looking at the last one listed... 40948 :head:

·
Registered
544 Posts
For a cheep 4" muffler you can try one of your local long haul truck shops or muffler place that deals with medium and heavy duty trucks. You can usually find 4-8" mufflers and acessories.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For a cheep 4" muffler you can try one of your local long haul truck shops or muffler place that deals with medium and heavy duty trucks. You can usually find 4-8" mufflers and acessories.
I'm not looking for a cheap one... just not 300. :crazy:

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's still a good place to look if you want a 4" they have all sorts and full polish stainless ones too if you want, since they are diesel mufflers most are flow through designs.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Polished just costs more. I'm not interested in how it looks. It could be hot pink for all I care. :LOL:

It is a good source that I didn't consider though. One of my friend's is the best exhaust guy in the area, and he can get me pretty much anything for a damn good price, but for some reason, his reps don't stock Borla.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Glad you're going with the 4", be sure to post up if you gain anything good.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad you're going with the 4", be sure to post up if you gain anything good.
I'll post up either way... most likely with another vid. It'll be tough to judge the improvement though. It runs much better now that I've tweaked the tune, and the track was closed long before these changes were made. I never put it on a dyno after my baseline of 229/269, but I'd guess its doubled. :LOL:

We're fabbing a 3" y-pipe, and piecing together the rest from a ford diesel truck system...but using the XR1 muffler.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Ah, you're going to a bigger Y, good. I think you'll pick up some boost.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I think the less restrictive exhaust would loose a little boost.

I can't pulley up, unless I get one made. I'm running the smallest pulley that whipple makes for this setup.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts