GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into this truck parked on a side street yesterday while at the Pismo Beach car show. All the work was top notch, saying it was clean is an understatement!

I'll let you guys argue and nit-pick the specs to death...

Yeah, I know...."the tires are too small", "I don't like that color", "the red axle is ugly", "bags are for pussies", "I knew that kid in grade school!", "I don't like FTS", "People have too much money", blah blah blah blah blah

Remember, I take the time to capture and remote link these pictures for your viewing pleasure, so don't shoot me I'm just delivering the goods.

I don't like everything about the truck either, but its still an amazing machine and an awesome piece of art thats very photogenic.

DSC05606.jpg

DSC05617.jpg

DSC05697.jpg

DSC05618.jpg

DSC05619.jpg

DSC05608.jpg

DSC05628.jpg

DSC05609.jpg

DSC05610.jpg

·
Registered
640 Posts
that trucks sweet as hell. I saw it a while back on socaltrucks.com but it looks like he's cleaned it up very nice.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,479 Posts
that is fucking sexy.
Does fts really make a solid kit? Is the 9.5 alright for holding alignments? I'm lookin at that or the 8" fabtech still

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does fts really make a solid kit? Is the 9.5 alright for holding alignments?l
they sure do, go to their website and DL the PDF file that is their catalog. Don't know how the 9.5 is on alignments, can't be much worse then any other bigger kit out there

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
For the type of style thats out in Cali that truck is very sweet. I would change just a couple things but other then that its very tight.

I still think a black axle with a nice Mag Hytec type diff cover would look better but the red flows very nicely through the truck.

Great pics btw, suprised the guy didnt come out and shoot you for climbing underneath his truck and all. Unless he knew you were snapping pics and was cool about it...:shake:

k.hood

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the type of style thats out in Cali that truck is very sweet. I would change just a couple things but other then that its very tight.

I still think a black axle with a nice Mag Hytec type diff cover would look better but the red flows very nicely through the truck.

Great pics btw, suprised the guy didnt come out and shoot you for climbing underneath his truck and all. Unless he knew you were snapping pics and was cool about it...:shake:

k.hood
Yeah, if only he had a chrome or other type of dif cover it would make a world of difference.

Funny you should mention that, I was underneath getting some pics near the frontend and that little green trucks alarm started to go "beep, beep" you know when your too close, then I looked up that they were all standing on the balcony looking at me...it was a strange moment.
But I will do anything to get my pictures so i didn't much care

·
Go Gators!
521 Posts
Yeah, if only he had a chrome or other type of dif cover it would make a world of difference.

Funny you should mention that, I was underneath getting some pics near the frontend and that little green trucks alarm started to go "beep, beep" you know when your too close, then I looked up that they were all standing on the balcony looking at me...it was a strange moment.
But I will do anything to get my pictures so i didn't much care
:LOL: :rofl2: :D

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i think the truck's pretty damn cool. some things i'd change but all in all pretty sweet. did those cops bother with the truck at all: a) for the mods b)nose over the other truck and ass end hanging out infront of the driveway?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think the truck's pretty damn cool. some things i'd change but all in all pretty sweet. did those cops bother with the truck at all: a) for the mods b)nose over the other truck and ass end hanging out infront of the driveway?
actually those guys weren't cops, they were CDF (California Department of Forestry) firefighters, sure looks like their cops in the pic tho...lol

·
Registered
551 Posts
that is fucking sexy.
Does fts really make a solid kit? Is the 9.5 alright for holding alignments? I'm lookin at that or the 8" fabtech still
i had one on my last truck and they align good

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Pretty sweet. I might of found the owner. :hmm:

looks like the guy i see driving it in SLO sometimes, :lol:. they pulled in front of firestones one day when i was there, really love that truck i hate when its in town though i get a little inferiority complex going on haha, its sick though first time i saw it i had my back to the street and then i hear a nice healthy diesel coming up and then the psst psst of bags and thought dear god, i know something badass is coming.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts