GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a 4" Mufflex on his LT1 T/A, and I love how deep it sounds. How would a 4" exhaust perform w/ the LS1? I've heard of some car guys running dual 3.5's. I'm guessing the hardest part might be finding the pipe?

I'm thinking 4" Dynomax Ultraflo?

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are the ones that I'm looking at right now...

Dynomax Round Mufflers
p/n 17537: 22" case, 27" overall, 4" inlet/outlet, 6" OD
p/n 17225: 16" case, 21" overall, 4" inlet/outlet, 6" OD

Would there be much difference in sound based on the length? Would either one be raspier than the other? Deeper? I've always just thrown a muffler on the truck without much thought and am trying to make a good decision on a single exhaust.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
With the Magnaflows, the bigger the case, the quieter it is. I'd assume its the same way with the Dynomax, since it is a straight through muffler right?

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
00Silverado said:
With the Magnaflows, the bigger the case, the quieter it is. I'd assume its the same way with the Dynomax, since it is a straight through muffler right?
Yeah, they are straight through mufflers...I'm just a little worried about them being raspy. I want loud and deep...guess I might need an LT1. :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well ya a single 4" pipe would need like dual 3" headpipes... it'll support some hellacious HP too. DO IT. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts