GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 4* pinion shims that i used for a bit when the truck was dropped. i dont even think they have 500 miles on them. I did have to drill an offset hole for the center pin on the flip kit, but it wont affect the strength or anything of the shims. I think i paid $55 shipped, will take $40 shipped. thanks.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I have a pair I need to put in, I have a flip kit out back. How do these install? In between the leads and axle, but do you have any other tips on how they go in?
Sorry to thread jack.

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jameson or Jackd-up needed these IIRC
thanks for the heads up.
I have a pair I need to put in, I have a flip kit out back. How do these install? In between the leads and axle, but do you have any other tips on how they go in?
Sorry to thread jack.
mine are bolt in. you remove the spring center pin and they bolt in under (or on top in a rear flip application) the leaf spring.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I need atleast 7* I think

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
i have the 4* shim. its a 1/8" difference. Get these jameson. I have had zero issues.

Fat part to the back. The thin side is where your axle will be pointing upwards.
Even though your lifted and I'm lowered it works the same? Fat in the back?

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even though your lifted and I'm lowered it works the same? Fat in the back?
depends on if your pinion angle is too high or too low...its prob too high tho, so fat end to teh back would be my guess.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I have a brand new set if anyone needs them, I think they are aluminum.
Pics? I have a set but i want to see what yours look like. Thes ones i have are just like a small wedge since i bought them at a lift shop. And i saw different ones for dropped trucks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts