GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a used 2000 chevy silverado and i have about 4000-6000$ to spend on a lift and tires. I want to get the lift as high as i can with good tires and wheels to fit the body without going over my limit. I was thinking a 3'' body lift with a 6'' suspension cranked to a 8''? What do you think i should get?

·
Registered
832 Posts
im assuming 4x4 since you are talking about cranking the bars. If your going to offroad alot id recommend the usual 6+3 and 36x14.50 or 37s. if not much offroad do 9.5 FT and a body lift with 39.5x15 STS

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Don't do 39.5 if you're at 13". You will rub if you're on a 10+ rim. Stick with 38's if you go with that setup.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I agree, I would do a 6+3 OR just the 9.5" FT and 36x14.50s, it would be the kindest thing to your IFS :grin:

·
6,656 Posts
full throttle is a suspension company, they make a 6", 9.5" and 12" lift. The 9.5" lift is exactly that, a 9.5" suspension lift. Look in the tech articles area for lift specs on the 99+ half tons, all lifts are listed there.

I made it easy for ya, here ya go : http://homepage.mac.com/darketernal/NBSlifts.htm

·
6,656 Posts
blocks come with some of the kits, you dont need to buy anything extra. "keys" are ford torsion bar keys, they allow you to crank the front up a little higher. Yes, you could still get a bodylift.

·
Registered
832 Posts
everyone says 13 inches isnt enough to clear 39.5s on the street....however nubluz71 runs a ten inch whiplash with 39.5 STS on 10 inch wide rims and he doesnt rub at all onroad, Offroad of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts