GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this light bar for christmas,45", i can find roof mount brackets for 50" light bars but nothing for the 40"-45" ,where can i find roof mount brackets for this bar, or whats some other mount options, its a straight bar.
05 gmc

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
45" bar is a little narrow for a full size roof. You can use a standard bracket but you would need to make spacers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i got the light installed direct from the battery with relay and switch.its a pre wired harness.
How would i wire this to the high beams while still being able to turn the light bar off with the switch while lights are still in high beam?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
So i got the light installed direct from the battery with relay and switch.its a pre wired harness.
How would i wire this to the high beams while still being able to turn the light bar off with the switch while lights are still in high beam?
Run a relay that is triggered from the high beam circuit to turn on the light bar, then you could run the wire that triggers the relay to a switch in the cab.

If I were you, I would get a 3 position switch and run power from another source in side the cab to the other pole of the switch so then you can still manually turn the light bar on and off if you want, or leave the switch in position to be controlled by the high beam circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts