GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of a "good" overhaul kit that would make the best performance... some 12.5:1 compression, pistions, gaskets, stuff like that?

i need this overhaul kit for a 1987 tbi 454 in a ECLB 1-ton C3500

also should i ditch the TBI and go Carb?

·
Buck Nekkid
50 Posts
12.5:1 will be too much for pump gas. I wouldn't go over 9.5:1, myself. Check out Eagle crankshafts. They have kits available w/forged pistons and good rods. A lot of it depends on how much you want to spend, and how much HP/torque you want to make. Is this a tow vehicle, or a DD? Or Balls Out?

·
Registered
13 Posts
rodzilla is right on target...i suggest you go with the edelbrock..they have complete power packages to fit your needs. heads,cam,induction and ignition that has been dyno tested. they have done a lot of development and research. nice thing is every power package is complete. talk to their tech guys ... buying parts from different speed shops can be frustrating when you start the assembly... :LOL: :LOL:

1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bore-stroke said:
rodzilla is right on target...i suggest you go with the edelbrock..they have complete power packages to fit your needs. heads,cam,induction and ignition that has been dyno tested. they have done a lot of development and research. nice thing is every power package is complete. talk to their tech guys ... buying parts from different speed shops can be frustrating when you start the assembly... :LOL: :LOL:

I like ur idea! i wwas checkin that stuff out seems to be pretty stragt up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts