GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i know you have to have a certain backspacing with the 4in spindles, and spugen gave me the idea to go out and just buy some cragar soft 8s, i priced them and there $300. which isnt bad, but i was reading some old posts on another forum and found a guy that is running a 4in spindle with factory 17in takeoffs(the ones with the fake chrome cover and 8 holes) and says hes not having any rubbing issues or anything. anyone know anything bout this cause i found a steal on some 17in takeoffs and id rather run a 4in spindle than a 3in spindle.

heres the truck thats running the 4in spindle and stock 17s. this is the setup i want exempt with a coil spring spacer.
S4010006.jpg

S4010013.jpg

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
well i got mine from a dude that used to have a jeep and mine are EXTREMELY close to the spindle...so maybe they are a diff offset..ask uphigh2wd he used to have stock wheels on his spindles...but i think he had a spacer not tooo sure.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i got mine from a dude that used to have a jeep and mine are EXTREMELY close to the spindle...so maybe they are a diff offset..ask uphigh2wd he used to have stock wheels on his spindles...but i think he had a spacer not tooo sure.
what size spindles are you running?

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry dont mean to hijack, but anymore pics of the red truck?
this is the rest i could find on it. looks nice. im goin to try and go for this look. but i just need to know if those wheels really work on a 4in spindle. i dont want to spend money on aftermarket rims right now.
S4010007.jpg

S4010010-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I was just looking at this guy's thread over on FSC a couple of days ago. I think someone said in this thread, that steel OEM wheels would fit, but not aluminum ones.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just looking at this guy's thread over on FSC a couple of days ago. I think someone said in this thread, that steel OEM wheels would fit, but not aluminum ones.
ya thats what i read, but i just wanted to be sure before i went ahead and did it.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i honestly have no idea...the guy i bought em from didnt kno.

luckily they fit barely...got em for a bill brand new.
damn thats a hell of a deal. if i could find one like that id already have my lift ordered.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
any one know if the stock steelies will fit on a 4in spindle?
and also where can i get lift blocks and u-bolts for cheap
if im running 4in spindles and 2in spacer what size block should i run?

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how much was the block and u-bolts if you dont mine me asking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts