GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rear axle grenaded a few weeks ago, put a new axle in and everything else. Now my tranny is not engaging in overdrive or manual 3rd ranges. Manual 2nd and 1st work, and reverse. Oh and this is sorta intermittent, when it does work its not for long and usually accompanied by a clang/bang from the transmission?? Anyone have some ideas, or had this problem before?

Thanks

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You have a broken sprag.

Have a nice day.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Allison swap on a TBI 4.3 :imo

Anyway, a properly built 4L60E is more than enough assuming you have geared for your big ass tires

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
i built one and the other two were built by two shops in new brunswick the truck has lots of power with the 4'56s and drives great and is great on gas thats why i didn;t go lower and i took off and a/c and did electric fans i notices a big difference in power

·
Registered
385 Posts
i picked up a 4l80 and i'm gonna be getting a 6l lq4 next week to swap in i want more power and something thats gonna hold up better

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
i picked up a 4l80 and i'm gonna be getting a 6l lq4 next week to swap in i want more power and something thats gonna hold up better

Still undergeared. Whoever told you it was okay needs a swift kick in the ass.

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
i've got a rebuilt 4l60e for $200 and i'm just over the river in jersey...:) oh i've got a rear too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts