GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the 4l60e thread and no luck
So when I step on it the truck seems to have no balls, the roms seem to climb slowly.. Way slower than before, I can't spin the tires at all, and before I could smoke them easily. (This is all in the last 3 days)
It also didn't seem to downshift when it should and sometimes in like 2-3 shifts it seems to hold 2nd too long....

Here is my best guess on what may be the issue..
Clogged fuel filter
?Dirty trans fluid?
MAF?
O2 sensor (dealer says ones bad)
any help appreciated
Thanks

Sent from my Windows Phone

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
just change the o2 sensor and see if that helps, rockauto.com has them pretty cheap

·
Registered
302 Posts
Any codes? Not shifting could be the solenoids and or clutches slipping among other things. Change the o2 and see if it helps along with cleaning the tb and maf. If you have an inline filter, remove it and try to blow through it to see if its clogged and replace it if you never have before.

The tc or maybe something else in the trans is putting too much of a load on the motor and thats why the rpms are hard to get up...

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any codes? Not shifting could be the solenoids and or clutches slipping among other things. Change the o2 and see if it helps along with cleaning the tb and maf. If you have an inline filter, remove it and try to blow through it to see if its clogged and replace it if you never have before.

The tc or maybe something else in the trans is putting too much of a load on the motor and thats why the rpms are hard to get up...
I have a check engine light, but I've had it for a while , dealer said 2months ago that it was just the o2,

the MAF looks clean, and you mean throttle body right? And i believe i have a factory inline fuel filter, says fram on it i think..

You say the transfer case may be putting a load on it? The problem started on wed and I replaced my transfer on Thursday night with a scrap yard one off 78k truck, the "no balls" issue was the same before and after

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a check engine light, but I've had it for a while , dealer said 2months ago that it was just the o2,

the MAF looks clean, and you mean throttle body right? And i believe i have a factory inline fuel filter, says fram on it i think..

You say the transfer case may be putting a load on it? The problem started on wed and I replaced my transfer on Thursday night with a scrap yard one off 78k truck, the "no balls" issue was the same before and after
There's a spray cleaner for both. You can remove the throttle body (be careful not to destroy the gasket) and wipe it down real good. The filter should be on the driver side inside frame rail about midway. Does it misfire or have you checked your plugs? Did you replace the tcase with the same model?

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a spray cleaner for both. You can remove the throttle body (be careful not to destroy the gasket) and wipe it down real good. The filter should be on the driver side inside frame rail about midway. Does it misfire or have you checked your plugs? Did you replace the tcase with the same model?
allright,
dosnt misfire (i dont think so anyway) it has died on my twice though, once when i had the truck at like 35 degree angle (climbing) and i let it roll back rather quickly (like 10mph) while still in drive.
and the other time was just on friday and was rather random when i rolled to a stop.
i havent checked the plugs
t-case should be the same model, looked the same and the guys at the salvage yard gave it to me knowing i had the push button 4wd and an 01 ect ect..

the NEW info from today is that everything seems to work fine when its cold (first 10 ish minutes of city driving) but after that it does what i described.
once its hot i noticed that if i stomp on it from near dead stop the 1-2 shift is really hard, like it had a good shift kit or something.

edit: could someone recomend an o2 sensor? the dealer said that its pretty finicky about aftermarket ones or something

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anything else too look at?

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you check for any play in the driveshafts?
i did not but i just had both of them off

the new info today is that during normal driving the 1-2 shift is EXTREMELY soft, i can barely feel it, i can only hear the rpms

also i installed a corvette servo a month ago

·
just a senior...
965 Posts
pull and clean MAF, with this below. clean TB, hold plate open and spray in good carb cleaner like Chemtool...clean best you can.

If you've never changed the inline fuel filter, do it...worse case you get a new filter.
02 sensors can really hamper any power, and rip your mileage to pieces, if you have a CEL on, change the front two 02's with Delco or Denso 02's from Rockauto.com

Here is MAF cleaner

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The o2 is for a rear one so should I replace them all then?

Sent from my Windows Phone

·
Registered
23 Posts
That CRC kit does wonders I did that to my truck and it improved it alot! as for the shifting problem my friend had the identical same problem with his chevy we changed the O2 sensor and it fixed it. It depends which O2 sensor is bad on yours tho. Only the front 2 sensors effect power and gas milage if its the one thats behind the catylatic converter you may have another problem because all that one does is monitor the cat

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The rear O2 sensor isnt causing this power issue. A front O2 sensor will only affect partt throttle power, at WOT it should run fine.

peace
Hog

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So the truck has 100k miles so it probly would be a good idea to do the spark plugs, o2's, fuel filter, and clean the throttle body and MAF?
How do I clean the throttle body exactly?

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dont know if these will help they are in 720 on you tube
slow accel to aproximatly 45 mph
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4esZ7Fqpak[/ame]

slow accel, then stop, then WOT
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRcKjeF1gc8[/ame]

SLOW ACCEL after the wot run
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKzjZO9T3fg[/ame]

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Have you had the check engine diagnosed recently since you had these problems?

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think i have now figured out i have no 2nd gear

·
18 on 38's
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any more info please?
I want to get this fixed as my DD is down and out!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts