GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4l60e with 132k miles that has no problems other than shifting to soft. I have been looking up parts all day and come to find I would like to put a corvette servo, shift kit, and a sonnax smartshell in it. There was something to do with flipping the 1-2 accumulator spring but I don't remember that. Any help, tips, tricks, past expierences or other parts suggestions would help with my build. Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Upgrade to the tru cool 40k cooler. The vette servo is worth every penny. i ordered mine from Oregon performance trans. I didn't do a shift kit. the line pressure was bumped slightly in the tune. only reason i didn't go any further inside my trans is I plan to eventually add more power and have a 4l80 that needs a rebuild sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was also going to get a 490 boost valve or something like that to increase the pressure by like 30 psi I think. And if you haven't yet I recommend taking a look at the sonnax smartshell for 1-2 shifts and 3-4 shifts. Its heat treat and is heavier (stronger) than stock so it won't break in 2 months like a stock one. Also one other thing I am doing is getting an aftermarket Alabama band. Same thing as the smart shell. Better material, thicker, and better anchor points. Just to help with the 1-2 and 3-4 shift on firmness quickness and longevity of the system itself. One of my old friends did all of this in his 99 and with the bone stock motor at full throttle it would bark the tires going into 2nd gear

·
07 NNBS
237 Posts
Is this for a daily driver? I had Justin at Blackbear adjust my shift firmness in my tune and did a vette servo and im in love. it shifts firmer but not so firm its a pain to drive. Granted im not drag racing my truck but its definitely feels way more responsive. I think anymore and itd be annoying.

edit: I agree on the cooler as well. I can only do a 30k cooler because I stuffed 2 9" biolights behind my grille but I believe stock is around 11k or 12k so even then youre tripling the cooling. An extra capacity trans pan would be a good modification with the enlarged trans cooler for around 2 quarts of trans fluid. Im on my way to do these modifications after I regear and get a diff cover.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just driving around a daily driver it shouldn't be to bad but I'm building mine so I can go make a pass if I want and be competitive at it. And for the converter I have no clue on that one and I don't even know what I'm going to use yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts