GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know get a real tune and after reading on the site I probably will in the future a few things are higher on the list... But in the mean time I put the hypertech progamming for firmer shifts and removed the speed limit. Then I repogrammed my car with the diablo sport, using the stock tune again as above and also maxed out the shift firmess for all shifts, then programmed it in. They both work differently, I think the hyper tech uses the pressure solonoid and the diablosport prediator uses shift pressure tables to make them firmer. I was curious if it was bad to do both, some of the shifts in tow haul are pretty hard but that was with a heavy trailer on my 05 silverado. Just curious what people think, if I get the new tune and a few mods to the tranny I will get what I want and probably be better off, just have to wait for the funds to do it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was only the shift options, but hey you are right. I am going to get a real tune after I pay the truck off in a few months. Then I can do all I want with it, 2005 5.3 EC 4x4 LT. Not a bad truck, just need to pay it off before I do to much to it.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Tunes are cheaper than programmers to start with. I think that the programmers lock the PCM after they tune so you can't write over it until you remove it. Am I right? I could be wrong....

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Tunes are cheaper than programmers to start with. I think that the programmers lock the PCM after they tune so you can't write over it until you remove it. Am I right? I could be wrong....
Right.
No I am not dumb, I am just an asshole. I got them for free, but you are right I am a dumb asshole, thanks for pointing out the obvious.
:wtf: Ok, asshole. and your welcome.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to use both, but I had to do it with the hypertech first and then the diablosport. Again they were free, but I will take them out and throw them in the trash and get a real tune asap. Sorry some of us were abused as children.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I was able to use both, but I had to do it with the hypertech first and then the diablosport. Again they were free, but I will take them out and throw them in the trash and get a real tune asap. Sorry some of us were abused as children and didn't get a college educaton.
:wtf:
I want you to explain to me how you got both of them to work together then.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I used the hypertech and modified the stock tune 87, and just changed the shift firmness and speed limit to the max. Then I uploaded the change. Then when I was done, I hooked up the diablo sport and modified the samethings but maxing out the shift firmness and turning off the torque management. It let me do it, then I uploaded the changes. From what I can tell the two programmers use different ways to change the shift firmness, I guess if I had the code and the software i could look at the changes and see what each did and compare them to the stock code and then make my own custom program to do the same thing. I am just going to pay someone to repgram my vehicle and program the transmission to shift how I want with out doing what I did above, I just did it because they were free and i had nothing to lose.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Well I used the hypertech and modified the stock tune 87, and just changed the shift firmness and speed limit to the max. Then I uploaded the change. Then when I was done, I hooked up the diablo sport and modified the samethings but maxing out the shift firmness and turning off the torque management. It let me do it, then I uploaded the changes. From what I can tell the two programmers use different ways to change the shift firmness, I guess if I had the code and the software i could look at the changes and see what each did and compare them to the stock code and then make my own custom program to do the same thing. I am just going to pay someone to repgram my vehicle and program the transmission to shift how I want with out doing what I did above, I just did it because they were free and i had nothing to lose.
I just dont see this happening. I have never heard of anyone being able to "stack" programmers unless it was on a disel and those wern't even programmers. those were actual chips. And you do actually have something to lose. Your tranny:read: You can't just take a programmer and just start adjusting shit and not know what your doing. That like trying to shot a gun and not know how to hold it. I have had both the programmers you have now. They sucked. The diablo is better than the hypertech:imo but if you compare those to a real tune, they arn't shit. Since they were free you could sell those for dirt cheap and buy a Black Bear tune.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree, they aren't as good as a real tune, but why does everyone had to make someone look like an idiot because they didn't do something they way you would have? Maybe someone's truck is leased and they need to return it to stock... I am sorry I sounded rude, I like this site and the people, I just want to apologize if I sounded like a jerk. Please forgive me. I will try to sell them, I also have some stock radios that I want to sell really cheap that have about 1000 miles on each.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I agree, they aren't as good as a real tune, but why does everyone had to make someone look like an idiot because they didn't do something they way you would have? Maybe someone's truck is leased and they need to return it to stock... I am sorry I sounded rude, I like this site and the people, I just want to apologize if I sounded like a jerk. Please forgive me. I will try to sell them, I also have some stock radios that I want to sell really cheap that have about 1000 miles on each.
Well, you can't sell that shit on here because it wont sell and you dont have 100 post. But you didn't really sound like a jerk:imo you get used to it when you on this site enough.

People will make you look like an idiot on here because you wasted your time on those programmers since they are more expensive than a real tune and not as good. Try to sell those locally and get a real tune. A.S.A.P

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its all good, I use another site for tools, and I posted some of the stuff I have on that site as I have been on there for a few years. If I don't sell it I will try to sell it on here when I have enough postings, not hurting for the money at the moment.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I wouldn't even post it up on here. No one will want to buy it. But yea, just get rid of those fucking things and you will be happy you did because a Black Bear tune is fucking sweet dude. I rode in my friends truck who has a 5.3, 3:73 gears and a servo and that bitch would get. I'm getting my tune in september. I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.