GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got in the truck this morning and 3rd is starting to slip. I know that it is my fault because I beat on the truck. The truck isn't stock, it has a tune so I'm not going to bother to take it to the dealer.

Basically I want advice/guidance on what parts I can get to beef the tranny up to handle the power my truck is making...so any use full help is appreciated:shake:

The truck is a 2008 4x4 nnbs silverado w/ the vortec max package

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Well I got in the truck this morning and 3rd is starting to slip. I know that it is my fault because I beat on the truck. The truck isn't stock, it has a tune so I'm not going to bother to take it to the dealer.

Basically I want advice/guidance on what parts I can get to beef the tranny up to handle the power my truck is making...so any use full help is appreciated:shake:

The truck is a 2008 4x4 nnbs silverado w/ the vortec max package
damn dude! how many miles?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a little over 10,000 miles right now...but like I said I know it's because how I've been driving it.:suicide:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clear your ECM and take it into the dealer :read:
That isn't a bad idea.....:hmm: Although can't the dealer tell if the ecm was tampered with?

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
i hate fuckin transmissions :nono: i don't see how anybody can work on those damn things for a living!

·
GM Dealership SVC MNGER
222 Posts
I work at a dealer and there is no way for us to see that in the tcm

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How badly is it slipping and did this just start abruptly today?
The slipping is pretty noticeable...you can here it as well.
And yeah, today was the first time it's happened.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dropped the truck off at the dealer today, we'll see what happens:uhoh:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got my truck back already, they said it was down 3/4 of a quart and that the shifts seemed a little firm. So they set my truck back to stock:rofl2:

The problem is still there but it's just hidden with the stock shifting.....I can't wait to trade this thing in as soon as possible

1 - 20 of 24 Posts