GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious what some known issues may be. Noticed mine the other day when i got to drive it had what felt like a slip going from 3-OD. Truck has a Transgo HD2 along with the shift times zerod by nelson. It shifts fine when just doing normal to moderated acceleration but when stomped it has a slight hesitation in the shift. Also checked the tranny fluid and it was fine. Weird thing though was that there was a black particulate matter on the dipstick. It wasnt like mixed in the fluid but was clung to the dipstick and wiped off black with the fluid. Wasnt a lot but maybe5-8 little specks. Clutch maybe? I changed the fluid about 5k ago and when i did the pan was pretty clean along with the magnet. Little bit of junk but nothing big

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
just curious what some known issues may be. Noticed mine the other day when i got to drive it had what felt like a slip going from 3-OD. Truck has a Transgo HD2 along with the shift times zerod by nelson. It shifts fine when just doing normal to moderated acceleration but when stomped it has a slight hesitation in the shift. Also checked the tranny fluid and it was fine. Weird thing though was that there was a black particulate matter on the dipstick. It wasnt like mixed in the fluid but was clung to the dipstick and wiped off black with the fluid. Wasnt a lot but maybe5-8 little specks. Clutch maybe? I changed the fluid about 5k ago and when i did the pan was pretty clean along with the magnet. Little bit of junk but nothing big
question.
answer.

your welcome. :shake:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant help the nelson tune at this point but i dont think thats the cause of it

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Clutch material is normal as it wears.

What kinda mileage we have on this 80E

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch material is normal as it wears.

What kinda mileage we have on this 80E
Truck has 84k on it but when i bought it the previous owner supposedly rebuilt the tranny not long before. Im not real sure. If he did rebuild it it would be around 40k if He didnt then the 84k. Im kinda leaning towards he didnt rebuild it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts