GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys this is my first post to this forum. I have spent many hours reading and searching but have not found a thread or answer as to what my truck is doing.
I have a 98 k2500 4wd with push buttons on the dash for the 4wd. the 4wd was working this winter I know for a fact. last week I was in a tight and shifted into 4wd. the light on the dash buttons indicated that it was in 4wd along with me herring the transfer case shift into low gear. the front axle is not locking up.
yesterday I put the truck on jacks to see what was going on. when in 4wheel low or high the front drive shaft spins but tires are not. I unscrewed the actuator and plugged it back in. when I shifted into 4wheel the plunger on the actuator was extending and retracting as it should. this brings me to a dead end. I have read about the transfer case motor and the transfer case control module. what should I try now???
I am not getting any service lights or throwing codes. it has automatic locking hubs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed a new actuator today ( everything I read said that is usually the problem) and still no luck. I am lost! Everything is working like it is ment to but not getting the front to lock up. Can someone please help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed a new actuator today ( everything I read said that is usually the problem) and still no luck. I am lost! Everything is working like it is ment to but not getting the front to lock up. Can someone please help?
Did you get this resolved yet? Can't offer any help, but would like to know what you found.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is it a UK spec or Jap spec Mk 1, now i can help in getting you in but i cannot post up "how to braek into a mx5 " on a open board buddy which i am sure you will understand, is there anyway that you can get in touch, are you on FB?
M-m

1 - 4 of 4 Posts