GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BIG boys want BIG toys
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 GMC Z71 (new body style), I am having trouble with the 4 hi & 4 low on my push buttons, you can hear the transfer case working when you push the buttons but the frount tires will not pull. The 4 auto workes just fine. I have already changed the swich in the dash. any other suggestions...
:insane:

·
BIG boys want BIG toys
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ve checked the actuator it semes to work fine. what about this servo in the front axle, where is it and how can i check it?????

·
BIG boys want BIG toys
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry about the "asshole" thing just a little frustrated about the 4 wd.

I did check what you call the Actuator, it is on the front axle, it's black a little smaller than a coke can. I unscrewed it from the axle, and with the truck running i made a bubby switch it from 4 hi to 4 lo to 2 hi to 4 auto. It did move in and out in all gears, I did notice that in 4 hi and 4 auto it stayed in the same postion i asume it should becuase they are the same gear, the only difference, auto only lets the front tire pull when the back tire start to slip. In 4 hi they should pull all the time. Am I correct in saying this? ( my front tire do pull in 4 auto but not in any other gear.) I will check the actuator again, this time putting pressure on it with my hand like u said.

Is there anything else that engages the front tires besides the axle, i ve heard of some older model truck that have magnets that lock the hubs in. Are maybe i am just totaly confused. please help......... :bawl:

·
BIG boys want BIG toys
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:bawl: well went to the gm dealer friday they checked the transfer case. They told me the cluches in the transfer case were sliping.
any one know were i can get a rebuild kit and a book on how to tear it apart. :nono:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.