GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn, ive heard horror stories from them, but never had one myself until today. i went to them WITH part numbers in hand straight from procomp to order my shocks. how can you mess that up??? :think: they sent me the wrong damn shocks!!! that and they failed to tell me that the adaptor to make the top eye on the front shock into a stud would take 10 days to come in! i was planning on doing my truck on friday, but now it doesnt seem like its gonna happen. all because of this stupid little part. the right shocks will be here on wednesday, but are useless without that upper mount.

is it possible to drive a TB suspension about 7 miles without front shocks??? if so, i can do the lift, and leave it in the driveway until those stupid little parts come in. what do yall think?
 

·
Keepin' it real...
Joined
·
3,848 Posts
Sadly, I'm not very surprised. They always f*ck up orders. When I replaced my rear shocks a while ago, it took the monkeys in the warehouse a while to get me the right ones. Sorry to hear that you're having problems.

And yeah, you can drive without shocks, but it will ride like shit. But it wont hurt anything.
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
7,584 Posts
yeah you can drive like that, just will be a tad bouncy. If you were in Houston I would give you my little adaptors and you coudl give me the new ones when they come in, I dont need mine right now :crazy:
 

·
[>
Joined
·
4,590 Posts
That sucks Josh. But that is the way it is with 4WP some times.

But like others have said, you can drive w/o shocks if you have to.
 

·
Cross Into the Blue
Joined
·
516 Posts
get this crap. so i went and got my overpriced alignment at 4wp today, and i also was gonna have them install my new brake lines. well the alignment went on ok, but no joy on the brake lines. they said they couldnt install them because the new brake lines would cross thread everytime they tried to put them on. wtf gives?
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CrazyAggie05 said:
get this crap. so i went and got my overpriced alignment at 4wp today, and i also was gonna have them install my new brake lines. well the alignment went on ok, but no joy on the brake lines. they said they couldnt install them because the new brake lines would cross thread everytime they tried to put them on. wtf gives?
sounds like a BS excuse to me, either that or you got the wrong lines...


im gonna install my kit over at dans house starting on thursday night, and finish on friday. that means that i will only have to drive about a mile to get home! :rocking: ill let the truck sit in the driveway for a few days, but atleast ill be lifted! :head:
 

·
don't be an ass!
Joined
·
3,307 Posts
Josh said:
sounds like a BS excuse to me, either that or you got the wrong lines...


im gonna install my kit over at dans house starting on thursday night, and finish on friday. that means that i will only have to drive about a mile to get home! :rocking: ill let the truck sit in the driveway for a few days, but atleast ill be lifted! :head:
Sweet i cant wait to see it, dont forget pics. :D
 

·
Kyle
Joined
·
3,479 Posts
TheLlama said:
Haha, kyle did you notice any when you replaced your shocks??
yes, go get yourself some new shocks whenever you have the cash, it will make your truck ride so much better, my superlifts were shot after what, maybe 5,000 miles. Try www.samsoffroad.com for some good rancho deals or whatever shock you want.
 

·
...
Joined
·
5,137 Posts
Kyle said:
yes, go get yourself some new shocks whenever you have the cash, it will make your truck ride so much better, my superlifts were shot after what, maybe 5,000 miles. Try www.samsoffroad.com for some good rancho deals or whatever shock you want.
you could also gert some blisteins like kingz71 got, he said theat the ride was extremely better, and thjey look good too.
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Grant said:
Your g/f has a sister? Hook a brotha up....



J/k.... kinda. :crazy:
i got the memory stick :head: lets see if i remember to use the bastard. too bad you arent in town tomorrow and friday grant. i could use a beer drinking audience to laugh at me
 

·
Keepin' it real...
Joined
·
3,848 Posts
Haha, I would come down, but my parents are gonna be up here this weekend, to move my bro into his on-campus apartment at UTA. I'm gonna be so happy to have his punk ass out of my house.
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grant said:
Haha, I would come down, but my parents are gonna be up here this weekend, to move my bro into his on-campus apartment at UTA. I'm gonna be so happy to have his punk ass out of my house.
LAME :read:
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Grant said:
You just want me to come down and do the actual work installing the lift, while you watch and drink beer. :crazy: :kidding:
we did alot of that, but we got it done, and its right! :head:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top