GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday after driving down a slightly muddy road with my brother, my truck found itself unable to get out of a muddy icy section about 30 feet long, with a ten foot drop. we had to walk home for rope and get my brothers 1993 Mercury TOPAZ, a 2.3L FF car, which cant weight more then 2000lbs. sadly, his car pulled my chevy to safty with little strain at all, he said his tires didnt even slip. :wtf2: Now he thinks his car is badass and wants to pimp it out. :rice: Thanks Chevy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i know my truck has traction problems, we tried for like an hour before we walked home, i just though it was a funny story and figured id post it. In the summer when i go to the dragway with my 9" wide tires for my rims, i can power brake it all i want and dont get any slippage. the lauches beat every ricer off the line, basically its due to the new torque managament system(traction control) with the 2003s
 

·
GMFS founding member
Joined
·
4,004 Posts
NastyGMC said:
you expect to drive a 2wd truck with lo pro tires and 20's and go off-road? :LOL:

:nono: :nono:
yeah man... how far did you think you were going to get? even if you don't get stuck you'll trash your rims... your truck appears to be for pavement only.

reminds me of the guy with the tundra wanting some good offroad tires for his 20s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ACTUALLY, up hear in New-Hampshire, its winter, and i took my rims off so the salt doesnt fuck them up. so im rollin on stocks.
 

·
03 Tahoe
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Not to mention how light the rear ends of trucks are....there is nothing to help the tires grip.

Cameron
 

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
ACTUALLY, up hear in New-Hampshire, its winter, and i took my rims off so the salt doesnt fuck them up. so im rollin on stocks.
see, hes not as dumb as you thought... hehe :read:

anyway.. i found the funniest part of the story how your brother wants to rice out a topaz... HAHA. :anitoof:
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Scarier part is they make swampers for 20s now :read:
How is that scary? Look at Ewogy's truck, he is running 40" tall tires on 20" wheels and i think they proportion out nicely :read: I hate the way 40"+ tires look on 15-16" wheels. too much rubber :anitoof:
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
Because the way I treat my truck no way would I want nice 20" rims on it. I would beat them to shit. The reason they do make them is for show because it looks good, just like on ewogys truck. Also why you dont see boggers for a 20" rim :read: There is NO practicle reason to make a tire for a 20" rim for offroad use, unless your talking about running huge axles and need that big of a rim to clear the brakes, and then they are normally running millitary tires...
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
I'm not trying to argue with you here...

but don't tractors use like 20"+ wheels on those huge tires? They are pretty much used 100% offroad....by the looks some have 30" wheels or something :anitoof:
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
I'm not trying to argue with you here...

but don't tractors use like 20"+ wheels on those huge tires? They are pretty much used 100% offroad....by the looks some have 30" wheels or something :anitoof:
Yeah thats what I was saying by millitary. Those tires are WAY bigger than 40" though. With like a 40" tire on a 20" rim you loose so much sidewall you loose tire flex. If your tire is like a 50"+ tire like the tractor ones and millitary ones than yeah, you can use 20" rims for offroad. Also most hardcore offroaders using that big of a tire will use 20" double beadlocks or something. All I was trying to say was the aporx 40" tires on 20" rims are mainly show, which isnt a bad thing. Also im not trying to argue either :anitoof:
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Yeah thats what I was saying by millitary. Those tires are WAY bigger than 40" though. With like a 40" tire on a 20" rim you loose so much sidewall you loose tire flex. If your tire is like a 50"+ tire like the tractor ones and millitary ones than yeah, you can use 20" rims for offroad. Also most hardcore offroaders using that big of a tire will use 20" double beadlocks or something. All I was trying to say was the aporx 40" tires on 20" rims are mainly show, which isnt a bad thing. Also im not trying to argue either :anitoof:
I have a 27.7" Tire on a 20" wheel :pow:

But i do see your point, but 40" tires on 20" sidewalls still seems like more than enough sidewall for most offroad situations to me :) But what do i know, i can't get over a curb ;)
 

·
Weird Turns Pro.
Joined
·
6,251 Posts
Physh1 said:
Not to mention how light the rear ends of trucks are....there is nothing to help the tires grip.
Or u could just throw a few sand bags in the bed, it works for the guys with mustangs around here
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top