GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally going to go buy the 3m wheel and tackle my moldings....and possibly put on the gmc bullet molding i have. not sure yet. anyway, i took off the 4x4 sticker a while ago and put on a camo one. eh i'm tired of it and want nothing on there. although when i was swapping them, i could notice a slight case of discoloring under it. is there anything i can do to try to take care of that? would polish and wax hide it a little better? thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Mine is hidden pretty well but sometimes it decides to show up a little bit... but as long as the truck is clean and shiney you cant see it.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well just tore it off...hopefully some polish will clean it up but its not too bad.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
possibly...i might hold out on pics until i colormatch a few things

·
Registered
86 Posts
what all do you have to do because im looking to pull the moldings off my tahoe as well. i got the eraser wheel to get the glue off after the moldings are removed but what is the best way to get the moldings off the side?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i heated up one end with a heat gun. used fishing line to get it unattached to the body. then just basically pulled it off while heating it some alone the way. if you want to keep them, don't pull them off but use the fishing line the whole way. pulling it off crinkled the chrome part.

·
In Work
120 Posts
yes depends on how old your paint is any rust or so on. I had a couple of small spots on my molding when I took it off. A huge rust spot on the tailgate so it needs repainted but I covered it for now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I took mine off last week and used a yellow pad with some poor boys ssr2.5 and it was good as new

1 - 13 of 13 Posts