GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Im walking on sunshine!
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done this on here? I want to change my front end from a 4x4 to dropped. Thanks for any help this is one thing i want to do this summer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the McGaughy's 2" dropped front spindle on my NBS 2000 Suburban 4x4 and also have the torsion keys cranked down. The front dropped about 3 1/2 to 4 inches. I will be installing my 2" lowering keys as soon as the weather gets warmer.

·
Registered
807 Posts
from what i hear its way toooo much work to do a 4wd to 2wd conversion...some say its probly more worth just selling what you have and buying a 2wd but whatever you want to do bro...

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
As long as you retain the t-bar suspension, it shouldn;t be that difficult to go 2wd. Pull the font diff and cv shafts, replace the 4wd hubs with 2wd hubs and pull the front driveshaft. The biggest problem is the tranny. You need a 2wd tranny of maybe just replace the t-case w/ a 2wd tranny tailshaft. Then of course you'll need a new, longer, rear shaft.

I would just leave it 4wd and drop it. Why bother with ditching all the gear and then have traction problems off the line if you add more power later. gmracer has lowered his 4x4 5-6 inches up front w/o problems that I know of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts