GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i have to say is WOW!!, I would have to tell anyone with 37'' or 38'' tires to go with 5.13:imo, I run 75 mph at right under 2400rpm and 60 mph at around 1900, the difference in low end torque is amazingly awsome I am glad with my decission with 5.13 gear size. I will check my MPG with my next tank.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
Yeah let us know on it, I'm debating on what gears to get when I do mine.

Who did yours and how much you have to spend?

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,153 Posts
glad u like em. i ran 4.88's and im very glad i chose them. but i also do about 1/2 hwy and city, so i wanted the best of both worlds and opted to not run the 5.13's

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
Wish I could do mine myself and save all the install money, but I don't have a clue about doing them so I better not even think about it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where did you get a trutrack for $370?

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
nice work man

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
let us know about the mpg. i know its not the same truck, but i plan on doing 5.13s when i swap to a 14ff i think. currently at 4.88s with 38s.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Wish I could do mine myself and save all the install money, but I don't have a clue about doing them so I better not even think about it.

:word: doing the lift was one thing... but fuck trying to do gears.

let us know about the mpg. i know its not the same truck, but i plan on doing 5.13s when i swap to a 14ff i think. currently at 4.88s with 38s.
hows the 4:88/38 combo? always been curious

·
Registered
4,159 Posts

hows the 4:88/38 combo? always been curious
when i first did everything 3.5 years ago, it was pretty much perfect :imo: felt damn near identical to stock with 33s which was just fine. pulled our 21' wakeboard boat fine. lately i feel like its been a little sluggish, but i think thats a lot more engine age (125k) as opposed to gear/tire problems. for more highway driving i think 4.88s are great especially on a fresh engine. given that this thing will see a lot less daily driving and a be much more of a toy in the near future, 5.13s for the grunt

·
┌П┐(◉_◉)┌П┐
1,442 Posts
ive owned a truck with 5.13s and loved them, but i broke several sets, the pinions gets kinda small once you get to the 5.00 and up. should be fine on street driving tho

if you can do a lift and read a dial indicator you can probably do gears. They really arent as bad as what most people think. all the majors have very detailed and specific instructions.

this is the yukon install instructions from randy's ring & pinion

http://www.ringpinion.com/Content/HowTo/TechnicalInstructions/Yukon_Installation_Kit_Instructions.pdf

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
if i can do it, anybody can :imo i'm currently runnin 4.56's on my 37's and i love it, lost some power round town but scoots soo much better on the hwy now than before when i had my 35's

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
i should get 5.13s and sell my 4.56s

1 - 20 of 43 Posts