GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought plugs for my 2003 Silverado 5.3L back in the day and neve used them (NGK TR55IX 7164 iridium plugs), will they work in my 2005 sierra 4.8L?

I'm 99% sure they will but I figured I would ask. Reason is because Evo VIII plugs don't work in Evo IX due to head heights so I'm just double checking

Thanks
John

·
4,725 Posts
Denaliano? Is that you?

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
i don't see why not. ngk site doesn't even list those plugs when i searched, but the one they list for 5.3 and 4.8 is the same

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought some AC delco plugs from autozone, should do the trick since I'm not after performance. I just wanted some on hand since I seafoamed my truck this weekend. I've heard horror stories of the plugs fouling out and other stuff, but didn't have any issues. I'm going after fuel mileage so I will probably replace them since I already bought them

John

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Ac delco plugs are the only plugs you should be putting back into your GM vehicle

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
Gotta agree. Can't go wrong with a 100k mile plug.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I.m having an issue with my 8.1. Getting a low voltage cam position sensor. Truck takes a couple turns to start now. Can.t find sensor anywhere. Any help would be apreciated

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
I.m having an issue with my 8.1. Getting a low voltage cam position sensor. Truck takes a couple turns to start now. Can.t find sensor anywhere. Any help would be apreciated

its on the engine

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The NGK are the same plugs in this application.
Hmm well, I could return the AC delco because I have a receipt, but I bought the NGK like 4 years ago for my black truck and never used them

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
you can always buy another set of AC Delcos and throw the NGK's in that box and return em

·
Goin' Up
2001 Silverado
143 Posts
at like walmart or something...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, the NGKs will work perfectly fine. I work at an LS performance shop and we use NGK TR55s for the majority of our naturally aspirated builds. I have them in my LQ9 with the heads being decked .030"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts